General DH Discussion

PB Forum :: Downhill
General DH Discussion
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 at 11:21 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.reset-racing.de/reset/images_pedal/6412_6850_pedal3_web2.jpg
http://www.reset-racing.de/reset/pedal_index_1.htm#pedal1.

But seriously. Point one racing are nice, new saints look good, new e13's look good, new specialized ones look good.

But if it were me i think i would go for the new bergtec penthouse, not to flashy but beautifully designed and engineered.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.burgtec.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Burgtec-pedal-steel-Products-Silver.jpg

Posted: Jul 26, 2012 at 21:47 Quote
Abrunhosa wrote:
I was intrigued by the dmr vaults 9/16 since the price dropped, nukeproof protos and neutron 2012, straitlines SC, Answer Rove, Black Spire sub4, Fire eye PJ, NC-17 SUD Pin III S-Pro CNC Pedals and the funn fundamental pedals... What im really looking for, is a nice big stable platform since i have a big foot, very very very grippy that wont let my foot slide off and im using 5.10 as well and i also want them to be low profile, extremely durable and that i wont lose much pins
spank spikes are very similar to podiums but a good bit cheaper. have you considered them?

Posted: Jul 26, 2012 at 22:30 Quote
I was wonder I have a karpiel apocalypse and it has a risse champ on it and when it's needs serviced can you even get it serviced anywhere and if not what fork should I replace it with

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 0:02 Quote
anybody know anything about dmr v12s? i snapped one of my old pedals. need new ones fast!

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 0:34 Quote
dnlparr wrote:
anybody know anything about dmr v12s? i snapped one of my old pedals. need new ones fast!
I know it's kinda an outdated shape.

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 6:31 Quote
Nv-rider66 wrote:
I was wonder I have a karpiel apocalypse and it has a risse champ on it and when it's needs serviced can you even get it serviced anywhere and if not what fork should I replace it with

Get it serviced by Risse

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 8:32 Quote
Any dudes on here running E13/Hive DH cranks? I have one atm and its been ok so far. Well not a 100%. Ive been told before about them coming loose after rides and stuff. I needed to put in just ONE wave washer to get ride of the creaking noise (no plastic spacers used. Im on aV10c).
My torque wrench cant go up to 41-48 Nm, so I just tighten it hard (by feel). 48Nm is a lot Blank Stare I wanna hear others' experiences with these cranks. Ive only ridden with it twice, so yeah. Cheers.

Mod
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 8:46 Quote
Seraph and WTH are the peeps to ask about hive cranks.

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 8:55 Quote
ktmmxrider wrote:
Nv-rider66 wrote:

Get it serviced by Risse
O I didn't think risse was still in business

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 8:57 Quote
I've gotten more frustrated installing a crankset before in my life..... took me 2 freakin hours to get then to cooperate!
So much nondrive bolt friction that it actually heated up the endcap and dousing it in penetrating lube barely helped....

It was a bitch, but I figured once they're on they ain't comin off

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 9:16 Quote
Nv-rider66 wrote:
ktmmxrider wrote:
Nv-rider66 wrote:

Get it serviced by Risse

Yeah they are.

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 9:55 Quote
ktmmxrider wrote:
Nv-rider66 wrote:
ktmmxrider wrote:

Get it serviced by Risse

Yeah they are.
I cool thanks

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 10:01 Quote
iggys wrote:
I've gotten more frustrated installing a crankset before in my life..... took me 2 freakin hours to get then to cooperate!
So much nondrive bolt friction that it actually heated up the endcap and dousing it in penetrating lube barely helped....

It was a bitch, but I figured once they're on they ain't comin off
TWSS. Sorry had to do it Big Grin
Anyway Im gonna know the next couple of rides how these hold up. No more creaking so far pedaling around my lot so its cool...now to practice dat manual... Blank Stare

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 12:22 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Abrunhosa wrote:
They look nice and lightweight, but im on a budget, anything a bit cheaper? Point ones are 175 euros on CRC,

HT

linky thing
Price?

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 12:24 Quote
Abrunhosa wrote:
gnarbar wrote:
Abrunhosa wrote:
They look nice and lightweight, but im on a budget, anything a bit cheaper? Point ones are 175 euros on CRC,

HT

linky thing
Price?
Expensive, i'd check out spank spikes if i were you. The shape is good, they're nice and thin, and a good bit cheaper than po1nt's

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.081916
Mobile Version of Website