How do you get your bike to the trails?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
How do you get your bike to the trails?
Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 14:35 Quote
Awesome work, carpet lining kitscare a must my uncle has one im dying to buy off him and it is kitted out similar and is 'car quiet' to drive, if i didnt enjoy my cupra and the motorway miles i do i would have one...if i mapped one up i wonder if i could get some fun out of it...hmmm im so easily tempted by vans!

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 1:27 Quote
So much easier than taking a rack on and off a car or taking wheels off to put in the back. And safely locked away.

Plus you have somewhere to get changed tup

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 1:37 Quote
nice van! might take inspiration from it and line the inside of my van out so cold its unreal!

though i was a little disappointed to see a van when i seen the typeR in the link lol though you've owned a EK9 a car i always wanted and still hope to have.. one day!

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 3:03 Quote
d7teen wrote:
nice van! might take inspiration from it and line the inside of my van out so cold its unreal!

though i was a little disappointed to see a van when i seen the typeR in the link lol though you've owned a EK9 a car i always wanted and still hope to have.. one day!

Haha. It is a great car. So fun to drive. But it is nice to have a vehicle I don't have to wash every weekend or drive around a car park looking for the safest spot!

Carpeting makes a big difference to the noise too. Much more bearable to live with day to day.

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 3:27 Quote
Allen82 wrote:
[But it is nice to have a vehicle I don't have to wash every weekend or drive around a car park looking for the safest spot!

I used to be like that with my last car, but in my RS4, it's quite innocuous, so just blends in and doesn't attract too much attention, so I can leave it anywhere

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 3:32 Quote
cool what adhesive did you use?

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 4:55 Quote
You can leave them on but I take them off as its a 2 min job. Dont be tempted by the cheap ebay bars, get genuine seat bars.

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 5:07 Quote
vw-aj wrote:
You can leave them on but I take them off as its a 2 min job. Dont be tempted by the cheap ebay bars, get genuine seat bars.
I'd agree with that. Get decent bars, as you get some right crap on Ebay and the like that claim to be either OEM and arn't or claim to be top quality and you'll do more moneys worth of damage to your car than you save.
Halfords do a decent range of clip in bars and as much crap as they get as a retailer, their roof bars and products are decent

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 7:35 Quote
d7teen wrote:
cool what adhesive did you use?

Bought the carpet from Mega Van Mats via ebay. Got about 10 cans of glue included with it

Posted: Aug 3, 2013 at 2:17 Quote
i use my trusty renault kangoo small van, it works for me

Posted: Aug 3, 2013 at 2:59 Quote
im lucky enough to live on the edge of a country park and woods so i just ride there but if im goin further a field like cannock i use my £15 ebay bargain bike rack on the back of my trusty little 12 yr old fiesta lol

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 12:15 Quote
Anyone know a decent uk company i can talk to for towbar fotting cant find anything, usa is full of stuff for my car but delivery is ridiculous

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 15:58 Quote
Garages tend to have contacts for that. Or your manufacturer dealership.

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 6:05 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Garages tend to have contacts for that. Or your manufacturer dealership.

yes, they sent me to westfalia, that think nothing of ruining bumpers and saying theres a £400 bumper you can buy with removable panel + paint. with £400 ish fitting, thats a no deal,

the 1 and 1/4" box section recievers that are standard in america seem perfect, no ball try and stabilise a rack to any anything, slide in clip and go,

will be a great set up if i go the box section route, need to do something, my bikes and i are crying to get out

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.055280
Mobile Version of Website