Crank Brothers Iodine Hub Bearings

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Crank Brothers Iodine Hub Bearings
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 6, 2012 at 13:57 Quote
Hi,

I recently got a pair of 2010 CB Iodine wheels and the rear wheel didn't sound good from the start. The bearings just sounded really dry and rubbing on each other. I decided to clean all the grease and dirt out of them and repack them. They still sound pretty bad and there is play in the rear wheel so i'm guessing the bearings are just shot.

Has anyone had any experience with replacing their CB wheel bearings?

~Kyle

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 12:16 Quote
Yes I have recently done it piece of piss to change. The bearings are 6805 2rs get hem from a local bearing supplier Eriks, Brammer etc.

Remove disc
Pull off cassette and free hub
Pull off axle adaptor
Knock out bearings with hammer and drift
Clean thoroughly
Fit new bearings
Clean and oil free hub and Pawls (I use a thin oil to keep the sound)
Push free hub and cassette back on
Push axle adaptor back on

Takes 10 minutes cost me £5

O+
Posted: May 17, 2012 at 10:16 Quote
Thanks for the info bro! I ordered up some Enduro bearings with the size you said so I should be all set!

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 13:12 Quote
Cool best of luck with it and hopefully it sorts out the play

Posted: Jun 3, 2012 at 7:58 Quote
I have a set of the new CB Opium wheels on my TR250 and feel like they don't roll very fast. Could it be that CB wheel bearings go to crap right away? If so, is there a better bearing brand or type that I could replace it with?

Posted: Jun 3, 2012 at 8:25 Quote
How long have they been on there for? Pull the free hub off and check it is not dry, clean it out and re oil if necessary. Bearings are bearings mate, so just get some from a bearing supplier.

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 13:53 Quote
Help!!

I've got a pair of crank bros iodine 3 wheels on my 2012 canyon strive, rear wheel bearings are dying.i
I bought a pair of 6805 2rs bearings as suggested here and also in accordance with http://crankbrothers.com/support/product_documentation/instructions_cobalt_wheel.pdf but they don't fit! The outer diameter of the bearing is 37mm but the inner diameter of the hub looks more like 35mm! The battery in my vernier just died so I can't get an exact measurement, plus the bearings are ceased in, so I can't get them out to measure without damaging them.

I have a race on Sunday, n would really like to replace them before then, any idea what size bearings I actually need?!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009321
Mobile Version of Website