Southern California riding. DH, DJ, trails anything?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Southern California riding. DH, DJ, trails anything?
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
O+
Posted: May 10, 2012 at 18:48 Quote
Just moved here from Colorado. I'm living in Huntington Beach and working in Irvine. Anybody have any riding suggestions???? I brought my DH bike, my trailbike (5.5 inch 29er), as well as my DJ bike. I don't know the area yet but have picked up a few maps, but my LBS seems to be mainly roadies (though I brought my cross bike too and they directed me to some good bike paths)

Thanks

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 19:46 Quote
There is good DH stuff all over southern California. You just got to look a little.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2012 at 20:47 Quote
StefanInLA wrote:
There is good DH stuff all over southern California. You just got to look a little.

any advice where to look. I heard about telonix. I litterally have never been here before, don't know anyone, and don't know the area. So any details are appreciated. PM me if you don;t want it out. I have a truck and I'm down to shuttle or dig or whatever

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 20:06 Quote
Google Aliso woods and rocky peak. That's a good start.

O+
Posted: May 16, 2012 at 22:41 Quote
Sent you a PM with some suggestions north and another east of you.

Posted: May 28, 2012 at 20:12 Quote
Hit me up, we ride So Cal all the time

O+
Posted: May 29, 2012 at 15:04 Quote
Brown mtn, Turnbol cnyn, chantry flats,

O+
Posted: May 29, 2012 at 18:19 Quote
Erwin, I'll hit you up. Are your riding this weekend?

Los5, Where abouts are those?

O+
Posted: May 29, 2012 at 20:43 Quote
Pasadena and Whittier

Posted: May 30, 2012 at 0:42 Quote
Not riding for at least 2 weeks, bruised ribs yesterday at GMR

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 7:51 Quote
Santiago Oaks Regional Park in Orange County is Great
Mountain Goat Trail and Coachwhip are fun and Chutes rocks !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NILtEqrEoq0&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhD4emtdp1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mfv0Ru2p6U&feature=related

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 23:49 Quote
StefanInLA wrote:
There is good DH stuff all over southern California. You just got to look a little.
yeah Tellonix is a good one allong with silver surfer but havnt done surfer yet but seen vids. Looks ok too about to edit my last run@tellonix soon its a short shuttle too about a good 5min top2bottom run depending if u really bombing that line, u can conect that to aliso trails from top u can hit stairsteps, or linx if u keep going or rocket in aliso mostly hike a bike unless u got a bike u can go up and down good.place.dh mostly walking upto get ur dh action

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 15:44 Quote
Aliso definitely has some fun trails. I dont know too many but im slowly exploring them, if your ever down to meet up im always down to ride.

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 16:44 Quote
altsurfryan wrote:
Aliso definitely has some fun trails. I dont know too many but im slowly exploring them, if your ever down to meet up im always down to ride.

My internship ended but I may move out permanently after this school year. I rode Aliso mostly, there was a lot of fun stuff there and also rode whiting ranch and the luge a couple times. All way fun, sadly my 29er trail bike was the only thing I rode all summer besides my cross bike

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 19:47 Quote
jagarcia89 wrote:
altsurfryan wrote:
Aliso definitely has some fun trails. I dont know too many but im slowly exploring them, if your ever down to meet up im always down to ride.

My internship ended but I may move out permanently after this school year. I rode Aliso mostly, there was a lot of fun stuff there and also rode whiting ranch and the luge a couple times. All way fun, sadly my 29er trail bike was the only thing I rode all summer besides my cross bike

Oh dang i didnt realize how long ago this was posted haha my bad. Yeah if you come back down let me know, im normally always riding by myself cause my schedule is jacked from my friend i normally ride with haha

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007351
Mobile Version of Website