Blackpool/Lancashire/Northwest..local riders?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Blackpool/Lancashire/Northwest..local riders?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 13, 2012 at 6:55 Quote
Hi guys and gals, im a 24 year old biker from sunny scumhole blackpool...i ride downhill/freeride and some hardtail street. im looking for some people to either meet up with or share fuel costs with going to places like farmer johns, healy nab etc. i have transport and a 3 bike rack so if anyones interested please get intouch. im not as much bothered about the fuel costs, more some people to share the thrill with haha.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 1:53 Quote
SamWallis wrote:
Hi guys and gals, im a 24 year old biker from sunny scumhole blackpool...i ride downhill/freeride and some hardtail street. im looking for some people to either meet up with or share fuel costs with going to places like farmer johns, healy nab etc. i have transport and a 3 bike rack so if anyones interested please get intouch. im not as much bothered about the fuel costs, more some people to share the thrill with haha.

dont knock blackpool, were going to wembley on saturday Big Grin

im bolton mate.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 4:11 Quote
Quote="CaptainLip"][dont knock blackpool, were going to wembley on saturday Big Grin

im bolton mate.[/Quote]

:-D im blackpool born and raised, cant wait to see them back in the prem ( if your a bolton fan then many condolences ) ...that said, theres not a great deal of riding here.
do you go over to farmer johns much being closer? thinking of going for the first time this week at somepoint.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 8:11 Quote
SamWallis wrote:
Quote="CaptainLip"][dont knock blackpool, were going to wembley on saturday Big Grin

im bolton mate.

:-D im blackpool born and raised, cant wait to see them back in the prem ( if your a bolton fan then many condolences ) ...that said, theres not a great deal of riding here.
do you go over to farmer johns much being closer? thinking of going for the first time this week at somepoint.[/Quote]

no im blackpool fan, spent 8 years in st annes riding all of the coastal towns. farmer johns? wheres that what is it?

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 10:56 Quote
the best link i can find is this ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7M4DwsRp9A&feature=related
theres loads more than the video shows and it looks epic...
its in stockport somewhere, got a postcode. think its pay to ride but i can live with that if the tracks good fun, theres no good riding realy over this way, healy nabs ok but if its halfway towards this place then id rather go the extra.
where/what kinda riding you do now?

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 11:03 Quote
literally just finished building my 4x bike and hope to race 4x, but is capable of freeride, but not geared for uphill lol

new round here so not heard of many spots yet or peeps to ride with.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 11:16 Quote
aye, im a biker reborn, just got back into it after 10 years out, got no one to ride with either, seems theres not much point having a DHiller out here if you cant cant get places to ride it, im just fortunate enough to have 4 wheels aswell as 2. if you fancy farmer johns at some point let me know, i could meet you out there or pick you up half way if you dont drive

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 11:27 Quote
SamWallis wrote:
aye, im a biker reborn, just got back into it after 10 years out, got no one to ride with either, seems theres not much point having a DHiller out here if you cant cant get places to ride it, im just fortunate enough to have 4 wheels aswell as 2. if you fancy farmer johns at some point let me know, i could meet you out there or pick you up half way if you dont drive

I drive fella thats not a problem, snap here, 10 years out also, back then I was round st annes and blackpool.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 11:38 Quote
cool yeah im up at collegiate near poulton..i go down on the prom at northshore but thats about as good as blackpool gets unless you know of any hidden gems down st annes way?

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 11:40 Quote
i live in poulton near blackpool and there is literally 0% trails, anyone knbow of any fun spots? i did the estuary park the other day and the most fun i got was some wooden steps!

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 11:43 Quote
mate tell me about it! it takes the biscuit...what sort of riding you do?

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 11:45 Quote
i like fr/XC, i tend tos tick to red routes etc, but on my pitch pro i have done a few black, hully gully at gisburn, but prefer XC! me and my dad have been a few places and now i live alone its hard for me to get out as my dad has the car and lives in blackburn!

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 11:53 Quote
cool im more DH/Fr but i dont mind Xc. im not great at the black stuff i just prefer the rush abit more. i used to ride with my pops aswell but he slowing a little as im trying to speed up haha.
i live a few doors down from collegiate so if you fancy going for a ride some time we could just hit up the northshore and take it from there...i drive ( with a tow bar rack) so healy nab and gisburn etc are do able aswell

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 12:07 Quote
yea sweet man, my dad is a bit slow too ahha! my bike us currently being sold for replacement so maybe a week or so before i have a bike, im looking to buy a orange crush or p7 pro, i want a hardcore hardtail, i like full sus, but i like knowing where my back whel is more haha Razz

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 12:20 Quote
yeah no worries, i need a weeks rest, i was throwing my hardtail off some drops on the prom and ive done my back in...thats why i prefer full sus haha. im sure we can find a good middle ground...gisburn has abit of everything...healy nabs good but quite short if your into xc

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011156
Mobile Version of Website