Rear end feels "flexy".

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Rear end feels "flexy".
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 17, 2012 at 9:40 Quote
Well I recently crashed on my transition trail or park trying to do a table top and ended up faceplanting into a roller. Anyway, I went riding the other night and couldn't help but notice that the rear end felt like it would almost "flex" off of every jump. The tires were not low at all (obviously first thing to check) and I looked it over to make sure there were no cracks. Later I took the wheel, axle, and chain tensioner off and put it all back on making sure nothing was bent and tightening it all up. I was wonder if any one else has had this problem or something like it and if you could give me some ideas of what it might be to fix it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 14:06 Quote
allmountainripper wrote:
Well I recently crashed on my transition trail or park trying to do a table top and ended up faceplanting into a roller. Anyway, I went riding the other night and couldn't help but notice that the rear end felt like it would almost "flex" off of every jump. The tires were not low at all (obviously first thing to check) and I looked it over to make sure there were no cracks. Later I took the wheel, axle, and chain tensioner off and put it all back on making sure nothing was bent and tightening it all up. I was wonder if any one else has had this problem or something like it and if you could give me some ideas of what it might be to fix it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Does the rear wheel wiggle from side to side (i.e. bearings loose or broken)? Are you pedals and cranks tight? I have never heard of a frame becoming 'flexy' without actually being cracked. Are you sure it's not something in your fork?

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 22:20 Quote
I have checked the rear wheel and it does not wiggle, I don't THiNk there's any cracks (dear god I hope not) and the fork is another thing I was thinking about. What are some good things to check for other than the obvious wiggle or bend?

O+
Posted: May 17, 2012 at 22:21 Quote
Spokes are all detensioned from the impact causing the wheel to flex under load?

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 10:02 Quote
That sounds like a very probable idea. I'll have to check that when I get home.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010359
Mobile Version of Website