HELP, NS soda freeride trouble

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
HELP, NS soda freeride trouble
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 at 14:43 Quote
had the same problem with my soda seems the paint is a little thick in that area i just lubed the maxel up with grease put it through as far as i could then locked of the maxle and twisted it till it lossened up now works fine but still tight you could always get some fine sand paper roll it up and sand inside the hole to remove the extra paint. is a bit bit strange as my short chainstay hole also fitted fine.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 at 14:46 Quote
r1k5ter wrote:
had the same problem with my soda seems the paint is a little thick in that area i just lubed the maxel up with grease put it through as far as i could then locked of the maxle and twisted it till it lossened up now works fine but still tight you could always get some fine sand paper roll it up and sand inside the hole to remove the extra paint. is a bit bit strange as my short chainstay hole also fitted fine.

Yea i fixed it today, had to go at it with a dremel and sand paper but i got it without messing anything up to bad... Still confused on getting in contact with ns though, ive tried many many times

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
well glad to here ya got it sorted sounds like yours were a bit tighter than mine. you had chance to ride it yet what do ya think. must say im loving mine had her out about half a dozen times and feels sweet even thinking of keeping the monarch on as it seems to be working very nice and i have always been a coil man. check my build out in my profile and let me know what ya think and get some pics of yours up.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 at 14:55 Quote
r1k5ter wrote:
well glad to here ya got it sorted sounds like yours were a bit tighter than mine. you had chance to ride it yet what do ya think. must say im loving mine had her out about half a dozen times and feels sweet even thinking of keeping the monarch on as it seems to be working very nice and i have always been a coil man. check my build out in my profile and let me know what ya think and get some pics of yours up.

Havent riden mine yet, should be done by wednesday and out to highland saturday, once i get the money im sellin the monarch and goin fox, im thinkin dhx air not sure yet

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 at 14:58 Quote
Yours looks sick man, im using the fork you have in the background, full saint kit, stans ztr flos on hope pro 3 evos, chromag and atherton bits for the rest

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 at 15:06 Quote
yours sounds sick

the white totems in the background are coil the black ones are air trying to decide which are gonna stay.also have some fox van 160s for trail stuff but not had them out yet. drive is saint those are gravity cranks in the pic but now running truvative decendants swirch hubs wit mavic 521s sunline v1 bar stem and chain device and a crappy 27mm seatpost and shim until i get a new one as my old one is 34.6 Frown xt brakes dmr peddles.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 at 15:08 Quote
Nice, i was wrong i thought they were air too.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 at 15:22 Quote
Thought it was likely to be the paint, its an area prone to build up, probably the way the frame is hung when being sprayed

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 9:17 Quote
is it possible for someone you guys owning a soda to upload a close photo of the headtube? coz' i tried to do the cable-though-frame thing and kinda messed up my headtube...

Posted: Nov 2, 2012 at 13:53 Quote
is this any good just a pic of my sam pilgrim sig on my head tube if its no good let me know what sort of pic ya need and i can take a pic

Posted: Nov 2, 2012 at 15:47 Quote
yeah man i want a close up pic of the headtube showing the stem's lower part and right above the steertube if that's easy.thanks a lot!

Posted: Nov 3, 2012 at 9:43 Quote
forgot the pic here ya go any good
chatel trip 2012

Posted: Nov 3, 2012 at 18:42 Quote
r1k5ter wrote:
forgot the pic here ya go any good
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu96/papardelas/p4pb8528142.jpg]

my problem is here...there's a small gap there after i took off the steertube and put it back again.i cant really push in the plastic ring thats above the top bearing.....it just goes in half .....i guess it's not ok to ride like this even if the steertube works fine

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 4:26 Quote
i really need your help guys coz i dont know how to fix this and i wanna ride so damn hard! its been raining all week and now the sun's up and i can't ride...

after seeing this photo
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f0/Bicycle_headset_%28threadless%29_exploded_view-en.png/250px-Bicycle_headset_%28threadless%29_exploded_view-en.png
i think its the compression ring i cant push in.....a plastic ring that keeps the steertube from "going front and back"

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 8:08 Quote
you should be able to sit the compression inside the bearing then put the top cover on then your stem then when you tighten up the top cap it should push the compression ring in. I did a quick vid hope it helps
Views: 326    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035050
Mobile Version of Website