The Evolution Thread

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
The Evolution Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
Same basic rules as the battle of the modern world threads.

How do you think we were started?

I for one believe in the evolutionary view, but I will go more in depth at a later time.

FL
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 at 0:36 Quote
Any people who still argue for dicvine intervention as having anything to do with how we got here are the modern flat earthers. Intelligent design is simple psin doctoring by evolutionists. It is so obvious of the profundity of Darwins original theory. Just look at Australia. Cut of from other continents ofr so long animals evolved that are so different to what was known elsewhere at the time, the Platypus was considered a hoax at first back in Europe. The wonderful thing about evolution is the story it gives us as humans. It ties us into all the earth's wonderful beings, without a wacky "off shore" supernatural being parked somewhere out in the ether. Atheists unite!

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 10:52 Quote
I do believe in evolution to a point... There's evidence of micro evolution everywhere, and some would argue evidence for macro evolution as well... Whatever the case is I believe that it wasn't just change as most people would suggest... The odds of everything that has been created and evolved in the world is just too extreme to have happened without any divine intervention

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 14:50 Quote
AIDS is a perfect example of evolution at a macromolecular scale. It originally was from chimps and could be detected by our immune system. It then evolved and developped a membrane of simple sugars so that a person's immune system would not attack it, mistaking it for a monosaccharide.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 17:48 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
AIDS is a perfect example of evolution at a macromolecular scale. It originally was from chimps and could be detected by our immune system. It then evolved and developped a membrane of simple sugars so that a person's immune system would not attack it, mistaking it for a monosaccharide.

I'm not saying I don't trust your word... but could you maybe send me a link with some specifics??

and im speaking in igorance now... but who's to say some dumb shit human stuck in a monkey while hunting for some food and then got it.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 18:05 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:

I'm not saying I don't trust your word... but could you maybe send me a link with some specifics??

and im speaking in igorance now... but who's to say some dumb shit human stuck in a monkey while hunting for some food and then got it.

I don't have any evidence that I can send you because it's all in my notebooks. We studied it for a week in my biology class, and there are many documentaries based on it. I'm sure you can find the info on wikipedia. And the way it was contracted was from eating chimpanzee meat. Scientists are 99% certain it is where it originated from because it has the exact genetic make up except for the sugar membrane. Also there were many accounts of AIDS symptoms popping up in jungle tribes around the early 1900s, long before it spread anywhere else.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 18:11 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
gibson19 wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:

I don't have any evidence that I can send you because it's all in my notebooks. We studied it for a week in my biology class, and there are many documentaries based on it. I'm sure you can find the info on wikipedia. And the way it was contracted was from eating chimpanzee meat. Scientists are 99% certain it is where it originated from because it has the exact genetic make up except for the sugar membrane. Also there were many accounts of AIDS symptoms popping up in jungle tribes around the early 1900s, long before it spread anywhere else.

Once again... im not trying to be an ass but do you believe everything your teacher says.

But it most certainly makes sense that AIDS is most prominent in Africa where most the monkeys are (and where most people would be eating monkeys)

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 18:27 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:
gibson19 wrote:

Once again... im not trying to be an ass but do you believe everything your teacher says.

But it most certainly makes sense that AIDS is most prominent in Africa where most the monkeys are (and where most people would be eating monkeys)

I'm not trying to be an ass either but yes I do believe what the top scientists in France, United States, and England have found on the topic of AIDS. These aren't hypothesis', these are facts based on detailed photos using electron microscopes.

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 22:31 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
I'm not trying to be an ass either but yes I do believe what the top scientists in France, United States, and England have found on the topic of AIDS. These aren't hypothesis', these are facts based on detailed photos using electron microscopes.

I'll give you that... I just don't really take to heart much the junk that some high school teachers decide to spew out of their mouths. I have had so many biased teachers that I dont even know what to believe... aka one keeps trying to convince me that America is in recession.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 8:44 Quote
Yeah I agree with you there. We have a World Religions student teacher and I swear she is trying to brainwash us.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 11:44 Quote
The naked ape may indeed originate from other planets...I'm not sure.Perhaps Darwin's theory is the most accepted because the science community,on the whole,cannot come up with anything better.As for the AIDS argument,look at who the disease attacks and then draw your own conclusions...remember the disease is something you 'aquire' not bad luck like any other disease.

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 11:54 Quote
androoooo wrote:
The naked ape may indeed originate from other planets...I'm not sure.Perhaps Darwin's theory is the most accepted because the science community,on the whole,cannot come up with anything better.As for the AIDS argument,look at who the disease attacks and then draw your own conclusions...remember the disease is something you 'aquire' not bad luck like any other disease.

"who the disease attacks?" what is that supposed to mean? also, aids isn't any harder to contract then the sif or herpes, so in some cases it is in fact just that, bad luck.

As for evolution,

The debate over our origin has long been over with, science has set fourth a sound explanation of our existence, from unicellular structures to complex beings, nearly all bases covered. the only thing debatable here is how blind religion has made us to the truth.

evolution is everywhere, look no further then your toe nails.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 12:00 Quote
stephaneroy wrote:
androoooo wrote:

"who the disease attacks?" what is that supposed to mean? also, aids isn't any harder to contract then the sif or herpes, so in some cases it is in fact just that, bad luck.

As for evolution,

The debate over our origin has long been over with, science has set fourth a sound explanation of our existence, from unicellular structures to complex beings, nearly all bases covered. the only thing debatable here is how blind religion has made us to the truth.

evolution is everywhere, look no further then your toe nails.

I wouldn't agree with the religion comment you made... I personally don't believe in evolution and I'm not religious.... I've never never been convinced... There just seems to be some flaws in the theory and until those are explained I will continue to not care where I came from.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 13:30 Quote
The theory of spontaneous generation was actually disproved way back in the 1800's by Louis Pasteur, and while it can't be said that it disproves evolution per se, it certainly puts a hole in the idea that life appeared from nowhere and as such, in my mind, the existance of a God is proven.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 14:24 Quote
marty660 wrote:
The theory of spontaneous generation was actually disproved way back in the 1800's by Louis Pasteur, and while it can't be said that it disproves evolution per se, it certainly puts a hole in the idea that life appeared from nowhere and as such, in my mind, the existance of a God is proven.

That was with the fly's and the meat right???

I guess you could call it blind faith to believe that some divine power made everything... However, since the beginning of times the world was incredibly religious. Almost every culture had there own religion... Some would say that it was because they didn't have the technology to prove anything so they had to rely on "faith" to explain the unexplainable... But most great philosopher's still did believe in a "power above" .

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013814
Mobile Version of Website