Blackrock Advice

PB Forum :: USA - West
Blackrock Advice
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 27, 2012 at 10:44 Quote
Hey guys,

My family and I are heading out to Oregon over the summer and were wanting to make a little detour to Blackrock. We are looking for a good bike shop to rent bikes from (preferably freeride, something to soak up the hits), and also good trails to ride. We have little to no dirt jumping experience, can hit some decent drops, maybe 1-3 feet, and thrive in rocky, technical sections, as well as smooth and flowy. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 at 16:59 Quote
Wish I could help you. I only know of a couple bike shops by reputation, but they're over by Post Canyon in Hood, which is like 3hrs away from BR. Good luck in the search, and you guys will def have a blast there!

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 21:09 Quote
The official black rock bike shop is in Salem. Can't remember the name. There is also a black rock FB page much more responses there for sure

Black Rock is awesome!!!

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 22:59 Quote
http://santiambicycle.com/

thats the shop closest to blackrock in salem.
To be honest, there's probably many shops in portland you could rent from too, but santiam should be good.

I gotta recommend Post Canyon in Hood River, OR as well. I cant really pick between the two- they both have their pro's and cons.

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 23:29 Quote
Post canyon is OVER!

Boring trails connecting no flow wooden features. Lame. 8 years ago..awesome, now? Lame.

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 19:45 Quote
No way. The only thing they have been losing were the smaller technical wooden features i.e. skinnies. (which i seriously f*cking miss) They have been adding kickers, eliminating misc side trails and unifying them into a looong interconnected trail that gives alot of bang-for-the-buck for the short shuttle up. Oh, did I mention you can shuttle the damn place too?
Recent developments:
Cons- slowly eliminating skinnies. Unique but kinda sketchy wooden features are dissapearing

Pros- They widened the gap on egg-drop and mellowed out the death kicker after it so its do-able-
FMX line is sick, although possibly damaged right now from this winter
Rearranged and built up some jumps in the super-tech line up top before the FMX area
New steep-ass DH/Enduro(I dont even know what to call it) line after the wooden flow line and before the big clear-cut/road crossing.
(New trail somewhere in that area that i havent seen yet but i hear theres a good step down among other things)
Family man got SUPER UPGRADED! a pretty nice pump track, and a straight pump-line. A new long-ass skinny section, not to mention the noobie jump line that goes down to the start of the family man trail.
New wallride
Bottom trails got buffed out, rollers added, new trails built, and sick berms added too.

DONT KNOCK! =)

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 20:19 Quote
Whatever dude. That "Dh" enduro trail..the ONLY Dh trail was just shut down. Yeah, fmx rocks but bummer you can't flow in or out of it.

A pump track...yip f*cking eee.

Post is good for beginners to intermediate and people that live close by. A destination spot though? Not really. Compared to black rock? Not even in the same league

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 12:56 Quote
What's up with the unnecessary hating? I've been to both and they both rock. If anything, us NW'ers should be thankful we have options.

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 20:56 Quote
Anyway, back on topic with Black Rock. If you haven't checked their website yet there's a demo day on July 1st.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011565
Mobile Version of Website