x9 derielier with x7 shifter?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
x9 derielier with x7 shifter?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 19:44 Quote
iv got a x9 derielier and a x7 shifter, thatl b cool wont it?

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 19:50 Quote
I have that setup on one of my bikes with no troubles. So long as you keep SRAM with SRAM then you can't go wrong.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 19:52 Quote
^^same...u are good to go

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 9:20 Quote
i have the same setup on my dh/fr bike and its works wonders! i like that u can see what gear u are in and having the strenght of the x-9.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 11:20 Quote
yeh i didnt realise that when i bought my x9 that theres no gear display which is kind of silly for a £34.99 shifter. Aslong as its 1:1 ratio then its fine for that derailleur isnt it?

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 15:04 Quote
some will says it not as crisp shifting with a x-7/x-9 combo but its the sweetess shifting ive tried yet, sram over shimano for sure not for the shifting but for the strenght, I used to have a xt and it was always moving around and it even bent spokes on my rear wheel from banging around will dhing

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 15:41 Quote
thethrillbill wrote:
some will says it not as crisp shifting with a x-7/x-9 combo but its the sweetess shifting ive tried yet, sram over shimano for sure not for the shifting but for the strenght, I used to have a xt and it was always moving around and it even bent spokes on my rear wheel from banging around will dhing

I had it dethread my hanger on my frame from that and messed up the chain and the whole back wheel haha, thought it was my riding style not the derailleur but im reassured now ! I've converted to full sram components going to be a month or so before im fully decided which is best.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 16:53 Quote
sram is the ways to go, but is the new shimano shadows models(xtr or xt) that great?

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 17:35 Quote
I've got the same thing, and no problems yet. THe only complaint is that when i felt other x9 shifters they felt more rigid and "stiffer."

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010668
Mobile Version of Website