2012 Kona Entourage Forum!

PB Forum :: Kona
2012 Kona Entourage Forum!
Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 13:21 Quote
hainman wrote:
I have a large and at only 5-10 I was thinking it was to big but actually same size or bit smaller stand over than my giang reign.I want to change out my Domains for something smother,would like some 888's but was told to just get something better at the 170 travel.anyone any suggestions on the second hand range .my domains are only rebound model so little to no adjustment on them

Lyrik
Fox 36
Marzocchi 55cr
These are all good forks but imo the lyrik or 55cr is the best option

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 18:07 Quote
great pic, thanks for the info.

Obviously the Entourage only has 165 in the rear, so I'm not sure about how 200mm in the front vs that in the rear would perform. Mine is a large. I get a little bit of pedal strike too, as i'm about 110kg geared up.

I'm just really broke now after buying the Rune so I'm looking for a cheaper downhill option.

I sold my domains and put on suntour durolux TA RC2s, they're pretty solid. Next time i'd probably just keep my domains, i had an extra firm spring in them and in hindsight they were pretty good, just really heavy.

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 8:06 Quote
Has anyone forund a better solution the the PITA rear axle,I hate it when you need two different size allen keys to get the rear wheel off,Ive seen all the different types of 12mm axles,just not sure if they would work on this set up,Seems you can get a sort of QR type one but with the One on my bike,its the Bolt through and nip up bolt at the other end.

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 9:09 Quote
hainman wrote:
Has anyone forund a better solution the the PITA rear axle,I hate it when you need two different size allen keys to get the rear wheel off,Ive seen all the different types of 12mm axles,just not sure if they would work on this set up,Seems you can get a sort of QR type one but with the One on my bike,its the Bolt through and nip up bolt at the other end.

if you really need only 1 size alllen key, just change the bolt on the non drive side (shorter one) with no.5 (current is no.4).

This should be okay.
Or you just simply spare a mini tools like mini9 from topeak. Its so small and you might not even notice that you have one.

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 9:23 Quote
The Sun Ringle Stiffy axle fits, although it's slightly heavier than the original.

CRC has them in stock.

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 9:38 Quote
Cheers Manachim,I have a Multi tool that breaks into two bits but was just hoping there was a QR style that was easier and quicker

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 17:53 Quote
hainman wrote:
Cheers Manachim,I have a Multi tool that breaks into two bits but was just hoping there was a QR style that was easier and quicker

Ahh.... okay.

I am more upset about makes the wheel inline with the hole because there is no tab In the drop out. It should be simpler if we don't have to keep holding the wheel while trying to put the axle on.
btw, you should post here if you found the QR style for the axle, because I am interesting too Smile

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 9:30 Quote
Aye the wheel doesn't sit right when shoogling the axle in.Pain in the ass to be frank.only only thing I have seen is the superstar components one but it's just an axle and two bolts

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 11:40 Quote
Pennyrisk wrote:
great pic, thanks for the info.

Obviously the Entourage only has 165 in the rear

Just to clarify, its only 5mm difference, but isn't the Entourage 170mm travel rear?

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 13:59 Quote
165 seems familiar but I can't remember where I read it

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 14:27 Quote
http://2k12.konaworld.com/gravity_dual_suspension.cfm?content=entourage_deluxe

170mm according to the site i have run 180mm and 200mm up front and the bike felt great

Posted: Jan 13, 2015 at 2:27 Quote
demon666 wrote:
http://2k12.konaworld.com/gravity_dual_suspension.cfm?content=entourage_deluxe

170mm according to the site i have run 180mm and 200mm up front and the bike felt great

This is my experience also.

Posted: Jan 13, 2015 at 9:42 Quote
I know this might not be important, but do your bike stay planted (especially the back wheel) while you bouncing the bike from about 30cm off the ground. Just like a common DH bike will do, if you let go the bike (lift the bike off the ground on with your hands, and let it go), usually the back wheel is stay planted.

I just want to know if this test have a significant effect with your suspension performance.
I remember my bike stay planted while it was new and using coil shock, now its just bouncing after I change it with air shock.

I am curious because I am afraid I make a wrong set up with my air shock.

fyi, my friend stinky with air shock, his bike back wheel stay planted after doing this test. So I assumed it has nothing to do with coil or air shock, maybe a different link or wrong suspension set up.

I am using 30% sag. Its still bouncing.

Posted: Jan 13, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
Isnt that to do with the rebound making it stay grounded or bouncing,

Posted: Jan 13, 2015 at 9:52 Quote
That's what I thought the first time, but it isn't.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020177
Mobile Version of Website