2012 Kona Entourage Forum!

PB Forum :: Kona
2012 Kona Entourage Forum!
Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 4:19 Quote
I really liked my 167 with a dual crown. I took the stock 170mm fork off and put a DVO Emerald. It will slacken it about a degree, and I can't imagine it would hurt the frame, they're pretty tough. Also, I'm parting out my 167 and will sell you the DVO Emerald for less than the boxxer you're looking at Smile

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 4:54 Quote
FindDigRideRepeat wrote:
I really liked my 167 with a dual crown. I took the stock 170mm fork off and put a DVO Emerald. It will slacken it about a degree, and I can't imagine it would hurt the frame, they're pretty tough. Also, I'm parting out my 167 and will sell you the DVO Emerald for less than the boxxer you're looking at Smile

The DVO Emerald looks really nice, if i had lived in the US i would been happy to buy the DVO from you.

So what do i loose when i change from a 170 to a 200 fork?

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 9:43 Quote
Hurtig wrote:
FindDigRideRepeat wrote:

The DVO Emerald looks really nice, if i had lived in the US i would been happy to buy the DVO from you.

So what do i loose when i change from a 170 to a 200 fork?

My buddy and I have looked into doing exactly the same thing with his entourage. From what we have worked out is there will only be a tiny increase in bb height (few mm) and a small change in the static head angle (about 0.5-0.7 degrees slacker) as the stock Domain has a really tall crown and the boxxers lower clamp is alot thinner in comparison. I guess that potentially the head angle would become steeper at bottom out but over all I think you would have a much better performing front end. The seat angle would get a touch slacker but the entourage has always kind of sucked at peddling uphill. Most importantly, it would look awesome.

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 23:53 Quote
Hurtig wrote:
Hi all.
I just signed up on this site after have browsed the forum for a while.
I got a stock 2012 Entourage, just loving it, how ever i got an offer to buy a rock shox boxxer WC fork very cheap.
Would this be a nice upgrade from the domain fork even if the boxxer is 200mm vs the domain 170mm?
I have seen posts about it on other sites and some say "swap it, No problems" other say it Will change the geometry of the bike to much, other think that it will comprimice the frame etc etc.

Anyone got any sugestions?

Best regards
Tobbe
Hey man
For now my ride is Entourage 2012 with Marzocchi 380, so its better than single crown. Better geometry and better bb drop and head angle. Stable machine!

Posted: Oct 3, 2017 at 11:15 Quote
editor wrote:
[
Hey man
For now my ride is Entourage 2012 with Marzocchi 380, so its better than single crown. Better geometry and better bb drop and head angle. Stable machine!

Ah Nice !

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
2012 Kona Entourage custom build.

Here was mine back in the day!

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 9:34 Quote
2012 Kona Entourage
  2012 Kona Entourage

2013 Kona Entourage DLX
  2013 Kona Entourage DLX

Couple more, I loved that bike.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 14:31 Quote
2012 Kona Entourage DLX Custom

My Park Ripper back in the day

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 5:16 Quote
Hurtig wrote:
editor wrote:
[
Hey man

Ah Nice !

My mate had a boxxer on his before he sold it, the geo didn't actually change massively as the domain has a really long axle to crown while the the boxxer has a really thin lower crown. The bike was slightly slacker and he really liked the change.

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 15:54 Quote
I bought my 2013 Kona Entourage just a few months ago and love it. The only thing is, is that I only way 120lbs and have never even came close to bottoming out the fork. I am only 15 and am on a very tight budget so buying a new fork is out of the question. So my questions is where can I find a spring for my stock Rock Shox Domain R fork? If anyone can message me with a link to a page, I’d really appreciate it because I’ve had no luck finding one. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 5:04 Quote
Google or Ebay

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 at 13:48 Quote
Andrew702 wrote:
I bought my 2013 Kona Entourage just a few months ago and love it. The only thing is, is that I only way 120lbs and have never even came close to bottoming out the fork. I am only 15 and am on a very tight budget so buying a new fork is out of the question. So my questions is where can I find a spring for my stock Rock Shox Domain R fork? If anyone can message me with a link to a page, I’d really appreciate it because I’ve had no luck finding one. Thanks!
I thought mine was to soft and I'm only 10 kg heavier, so give it some time, once you start getting used to The Bike its probably perfect, however You should run a softer spring out back, around 275-300

Posted: Apr 16, 2018 at 22:21 Quote
Hey kc85 thanks for the response! Yes I agree the rear shock definentally needs to be replaced but I still think the springs in the fork are way to solid for me. Maybe the previous owner replaced them at one point in time but I’ve only used about 90mm of the fork at most and I’m doing some pretty heavy riding.

Posted: Apr 16, 2018 at 22:56 Quote
Just thought I’d add this for anyone trying to fix up the scratches on there black Entourage. Dupli Color Universal Black ASF0100 is about as perfect a match you can get to some parts of the bike. Trust me I’ve gone through lots of shades of black to match the bike and this is as close as I’ve gotten. It’s still not perfect, but as long as your not eyeballing it from a inch away, you wont notice the difference. It is pretty straightforward- First sand the surface around the scratch with a 120 grit. Next apply the paint very thinly and wait to dry. Next sand the paint with a 220 grit to remove brush marks and blend the pain a little. The first and second step take a lot of trial and error, you might have to apply and sand the coatings multiple times depending on the size of the scratch. Lastly use a heavy polishing compound to finish it off. Like I said these 3 steps are a lot of trial and error so have patience and test the paint color before you apply. Remember, some parts of the bike are more shiny or dull than the others. This was just my experience with the bike so I’m not sure how yours would turn out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020958
Mobile Version of Website