BOS or FOX?

Previous Page |
Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 13:19 Quote
Hello,

Here I have my BOS Idylle Forks and my Fox 40 RC2 Forks, One of them needs to go as I only have one downhill bike, I love them both but which one do you think is worth me keeping?

P.S don't say which one feels better... there both set-up perfect! lol

Which should I use

Thanks
Ben

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 4:33 Quote
TommyT712 wrote:
Fox needs to go.

+1

You see Foxes everywhere, while you barely see any Idylles ... I kinda like having parts/bike you don't see everywhere ...

oh and if your Idylle is not a 2012 one, you can upgrade the casting to a lighter one and with a LOT less friction. Just sayin'

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 4:37 Quote
Sell them both and get some 2012 40`s and a big night out

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 5:31 Quote
woollahra wrote:

They are 2012 Fox 40s -.- lol, I can afford to spend out on new fork parts atm!

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 5:40 Quote
I'd keep the Idylle.

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 5:58 Quote
By posting a thread like this on Pinkbike, all your going to get is an on slot of people telling you to keep the Bos despite the fact that the mass majority have never even ridden one.

This seems like an awfully silly question. Only you can decided which one you want to keep seeing as how only you know what you like. If they feel the same, then sell the one that fetches more money. If you’re indifferent on which one you run, then that means you’re bored and it’s time for a change- which means sell both and look elsewhere.

If money is no object, try getting a new Boxxer and installing an Avalanche cartridge. If you want to think outside the box you can try something like a White Bros, Avalanche, and if you REALLY want to be unique, try Kowa.

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 6:04 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
By posting a thread like this on Pinkbike, all your going to get is an on slot of people telling you to keep the Bos despite the fact that the mass majority have never even ridden one (now everyone dont take that as a clue to post a bunch of childish replies stating that you have too!)

This seems like an awfully silly question. I have never ridden a Bos but can still state that only you can decided which one you want to keep seeing as how only you know what you like. If they feel the same, then sell the one that fetches more money. If your indifferent on which one you run, then that means your bored and its time for a change- which means sell both and look elsewhere.

If money is no object, try getting a new Boxxer and installing an Avalanche cartridge. If you want to think outside the box you can try something like a White Bros, Avalanche, and if you REALLY want to be unique, try Kowa.

Is RST outside the box?

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 6:08 Quote
I would say yes except they only make a 7" fork, so it comes up a little short for true DH.

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 6:48 Quote
Beware with exotic forks/stuff ... I have been trying to contact Kowa (and the French import company) for either a PDF to service my Kowa or the name of a company that can service my 160SS Air ...

I had bought it 2nd hand, it was weird from the start so I had a friend have a look at it, but he didn't manage to improve it in the end. Hence my trying.

But people turn head when they look at your forks, wondering what they are Big Grin

(except that my Kowa is now in a box, replaced by a Lyrik ...)

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 7:20 Quote
If money really is no object, the answer is simple: Keep both. It is always worth having an extra fork around to be used when you're doing maintenance on the other.

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 7:21 Quote
just bought an avalanche dhs to go with my avy boxxer, exotic is better in my hipster dh opinion. Go BOS

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 7:24 Quote
Benchurchy wrote:
woollahra wrote:

They are 2012 Fox 40s -.- lol, I can afford to spend out on new fork parts atm!
I see , the blue light reflecting made me think they were the 11 40`s . I just bought some 2012 40`s because the boss are just way to $ in Oz , 3k . Id take the BOS if i had the choice .

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 20:25 Quote
Whats the model of those BOS forks you got there? Ive got the same fork second hand and i know nothing about it except it smokes my fox 40s. I appreciate any help on that. Thanks

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 20:33 Quote
Nice! 5+ year old thread resurrection!!!

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017876
Mobile Version of Website