Trek Session 10

PB Forum :: Downhill
Trek Session 10
Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 22:40 Quote
does anyone happen to have a rear brake adapter for the Session 10 lying around not being used....

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 14:58 Quote
After i rode my Demo S-works 27,5 bike i stopped using that bike but since i was really impressed how good the 10 was on the rough tracks it was better than the Demo,now i was thinking about to get the Session 10 back in this modern day era.Now i found a company that does custom CNC stuff at the nearest city close to my home & i was thinking to let them make for me custom dropouts for 27,5'' rear wheel.

Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 1:01 Quote
fantaman wrote:
After i rode my Demo S-works 27,5 bike i stopped using that bike but since i was really impressed how good the 10 was on the rough tracks it was better than the Demo,now i was thinking about to get the Session 10 back in this modern day era.Now i found a company that does custom CNC stuff at the nearest city close to my home & i was thinking to let them make for me custom dropouts for 27,5'' rear wheel.

That would be amazing !!

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 4:03 Quote
kt1stp0 wrote:
fantaman wrote:

That would be amazing !!

Yes soon i'm going to see the company to see what the options are for the 27,5'' dropouts,1 thing that will happen is that the wheelbase will increase since the rear axle is gonna be moved back between 20mm to 40mm.This means the bike will be allot more stable & faster than the 26'' setup.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
fantaman wrote:
kt1stp0 wrote:
fantaman wrote:

That would be amazing !!

Yes soon i'm going to see the company to see what the options are for the 27,5'' dropouts,1 thing that will happen is that the wheelbase will increase since the rear axle is gonna be moved back between 20mm to 40mm.This means the bike will be allot more stable & faster than the 26'' setup.

Any updates? I'm currently rebuilding my session (bearings etc.) to get ready to sell but this could be awesome to do first.

Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
I will post updates when i have them,if they make them i will ride & do some testing how the bike rides with 27.5 wheels.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 2:29 Quote
fantaman wrote:
kt1stp0 wrote:
fantaman wrote:

That would be amazing !!

Please ask them if they could manufacture a rear brake dropout for the Session 10.... I am having no luck at all in locating one to replace the busted dropout on my Session 10 :-(

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 2:39 Quote
Davyg57 wrote:
fantaman wrote:
kt1stp0 wrote:

That would be amazing !!

Please ask them if they could manufacture a rear brake dropout for the Session 10.... I am having no luck at all in locating one to replace the busted dropout on my Session 10 :-(

Yes i could ask them they probably gonna make a stronger one with their race car engineering background.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 4:18 Quote
great .. much appreciated... Smile Smile

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 10:52 Quote
Since i need to start from scratch it's been so many years a go,i have had to order a 12x150mm thru axle from Shimano Smile .
photo

Also i have been lucky to find some other parts:
Novatec DH rear hub 12x150
WTB KOM i25 650b rim

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
I break those rims on casual xc trails. Best of luck.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
oh really? should i look into a more burly 27,5 rim?

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
I am still looking for something like the rear brake dropout in the pic to replace the busted original one...have asked at a few local engineers, but they say nope... way to expensive....

looking for something like this one...or if anyone knows the person that fabricated the custom fitting
photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
Hi!
I could try to design one and see how much it would cost to machine it !

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 23:51 Quote
kt1stp0 wrote:
Hi!
I could try to design one and see how much it would cost to machine it !

I am going to take the broken part to a local TIG welder to see if he can straighten it and then weld a plate to the centre and then strengthen it and add some stress holes to it.... should get me some more years out of the old bike :-)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013205
Mobile Version of Website