Do-It-All Hardtail Thread

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Do-It-All Hardtail Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 13:07 Quote
Right so as I'm in the process of building a do-it-all hardtail I thought I would start up a dedicated thread for this type of bike. Ask questions, post reviews and chat about do-it-all bikes.

I'll start by saying I think the Cotic BFe is up there with the best and will be my bike of choice.

Go!

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 13:12 Quote
Dartmoor Phantom 4XC

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 13:44 Quote
Barnseyhcxc wrote:
Right so as I'm in the process of building a do-it-all hardtail I thought I would start up a dedicated thread for this type of bike. Ask questions, post reviews and chat about do-it-all bikes.

I'll start by saying I think the Cotic BFe is up there with the best and will be my bike of choice.

Go!

My mate's a proper try before you buy merchant and he ruled out the Cotic in favour of a Stanton Slackline 853 which he loves so much his wife now has to sleep on the couch Smile

I built an One-One 456 Summer Season up because I was on a tighter budget but I've been ridng it more than my full susser the last few months Smile

Mod
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 13:45 Quote
a bit of an older frame but the rocky mountain 4x/ds flow frame crossed with a fox 36 talas has been my weapon of choice for a few years now.

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 5:44 Quote
voodoopiles wrote:
Barnseyhcxc wrote:

Go!

My mate's a proper try before you buy merchant and he ruled out the Cotic in favour of a Stanton Slackline 853 which he loves so much his wife now has to sleep on the couch Smile

I built an One-One 456 Summer Season up because I was on a tighter budget but I've been ridng it more than my full susser the last few months Smile

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 13:38 Quote
Ah messed that up on mobile.
I have considered the Stanton but im looking for something a bit more all round. Its £100 more than the Cotic and a bit heavier. As im selling my XC bike I need something slightly less slack.

I currently have the 456 SS with a do-it-all setup with a nod towards a 4x build and its a great bike, so much to ride and super confident on steep stuff so riding has come a long way while I've had it. Its a 14" frame though and the Reynolds on the Cotic is higher quality than On One's DN6 hence the change.

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 13:58 Quote
Barnseyhcxc wrote:
I have considered the Stanton but im looking for something a bit more all round. Its £100 more than the Cotic and a bit heavier. As im selling my XC bike I need something slightly less slack.

I currently have the 456 SS with a do-it-all setup with a nod towards a 4x build and its a great bike, so much to ride and super confident on steep stuff so riding has come a long way while I've had it. Its a 14" frame though and the Reynolds on the Cotic is higher quality than On One's DN6 hence the change.

Darrrrrtmooooooooooorr Phantom

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 14:03 Quote
CaptainLip wrote:
Barnseyhcxc wrote:

Darrrrrtmooooooooooorr Phantom

They are nice, but they're not really do it all bikes, they're 4x race bikes. Max 120mm forks isn't really do it all imo...

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 14:04 Quote
Why not? Light as feck

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 14:09 Quote
Yeah but you couldn't really ride AM on it...

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 14:11 Quote
I do and with EASE, Up hill, down hill, all day long and its a pocket rocket.

not one to be overlooked or snubbed at until its tried.

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 15:00 Quote
CaptainLip wrote:
I do and with EASE, Up hill, down hill, all day long and its a pocket rocket.

not one to be overlooked or snubbed at until its tried.

Fair enough, never ridden one but if I were to build a pure 4x bike it'd be a Phantom or a Snap, they're sweet bikes I assumed the 4x geometry would be dodgy on AM, what fork are you running?

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 15:03 Quote
120mm Fox 32s

its a sweet AM bike and so light.

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 15:06 Quote
woop scale shot up

dunno if this is a whore your bike thread but well im gonna Razz

she was good at everything, was sad when she snapped

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 15:10 Quote
Yep, bike whoring is encouraged. I'll post mine sometime Smile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011631
Mobile Version of Website