Do-It-All Hardtail Thread

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Do-It-All Hardtail Thread
Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
Cotic Soul, new long one, Eacle GX, XT brakes, Superb bike

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
From Dublin, Ireland, brand new Commencal Meta HT Race size XL (6'3"), it's the top model for this one. 65 head angle, 29 wheels, Lyrik RC 150, SRAM NX (asked to change 32 front ring for a 34). So far so good, climbing is a rocket compared to my full sus. Down, I'm even doing better times on the more physical sections, each pedal is like a slingshot, almost feels like cheating.

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
elyari wrote:
From Dublin, Ireland, brand new Commencal Meta HT Race size XL (6'3"), it's the top model for this one. 65 head angle, 29 wheels, Lyrik RC 150, SRAM NX (asked to change 32 front ring for a 34). So far so good, climbing is a rocket compared to my full sus. Down, I'm even doing better times on the more physical sections, each pedal is like a slingshot, almost feels like cheating.

Nice commie mate...tup

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
Yes indeed, very nice! The Commencal bike just seem to be better and better looking every year.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
New Hardtail build from South Wales.

Frame: 2018 Orange P7 Large 27.5
Forks: Rockshox Lyrik RCT3 150mm (With 2019 Debonair spring, Push ultra low friction Seals)
Wheels: Hope Pro 4 on Stans Arch Mk3 (With Hope boost conversion kit) 27.5
Brakes: Shimano SLX M7000
Drivetrain: Shimano SLX M7000
Seatpost: Brand X Ascend XL 170mm
Tyres: Maxxis HR2 & Maxxis Ardent
Saddle: Charge Spoon
Stem: NukeProof
Bars: Nukeproof Carbon 800mm
Pedals: DMR V12
Decals: Slik Graphics

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 3:12 Quote
^^ very nice, simple but not doubt endless miles of no fuss trail rippage

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
elyari wrote:

very nice!

Can I ask what your inspiration was to buy this bike? Did you replace another hardtail? Or to supplement your full suspension bike?

I keep thinking about one, to go along side my Rocky Mountain Altitude, but I just cant image picking up the hardtail over the full sus.... but then I haven't tasted the delights of a good hardtail for about 15 years!!!

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
Since owning my hardtail I’ve only ridden my full sus twice. Partly down to weather but it’s just a different type of riding

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
v7fmp wrote:

very nice!

Can I ask what your inspiration was to buy this bike? Did you replace another hardtail? Or to supplement your full suspension bike?

I keep thinking about one, to go along side my Rocky Mountain Altitude, but I just cant image picking up the hardtail over the full sus.... but then I haven't tasted the delights of a good hardtail for about 15 years!!!

I see we live pretty close. Hardtails can be a lot of fun around here.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
Since I added a hardtail to the corral I've only ridden my full suspension bike a few times. I never knew how much fun they could be.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
wrote:
wrote:

very nice!

Buy a good HT and you will enjoy it probably more than the FS...in a different way but they can be a lot of fun...my theory is that if you ride in the winter on a HT, this will help you to improve your skills quicker...
I ride the HT equally as the FS. I always recommend a Kingdom Vendetta X2! Really good!

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 15:01 Quote
metaam wrote:
v7fmp wrote:

very nice!

I see we live pretty close. Hardtails can be a lot of fun around here.

We certainly do, like 5ish miles apart!

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 15:01 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
gbcarmona wrote:

very nice!

Buy a good HT and you will enjoy it probably more than the FS...in a different way but they can be a lot of fun...my theory is that if you ride in the winter on a HT, this will help you to improve your skills quicker...
I ride the HT equally as the FS. I always recommend a Kingdom Vendetta X2! Really good!

Interesting. Sounds like a scratch I need to itch!

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 17:46 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
elyari wrote:
From Dublin, Ireland, brand new Commencal Meta HT Race size XL (6'3"), it's the top model for this one. 65 head angle, 29 wheels, Lyrik RC 150, SRAM NX (asked to change 32 front ring for a 34). So far so good, climbing is a rocket compared to my full sus. Down, I'm even doing better times on the more physical sections, each pedal is like a slingshot, almost feels like cheating.[/PI]
very nice!

Well, others already more or less answered. I recently moved from Malaga, Spain, to Dublin, Ireland. In Malaga terrain is harsh, rocky, dusty, technical and gnarly in general. So a full susp makes sense there. But here the trails I have tried so far are far from rocky. Here roots, mud and constant wet terrain are my nightmares. In just 3 months I killed my bearings, I ride 4-5 times per week, about 2h after work (20-25km) and as much as possible on weekends, no matter the weather, if you have the right gear, rain and wind is not a big deal. So a HT makes sense, I'm improving my skills, don't have bearings to change each 3 months and, I should admit it, I'm having lot more fun as the HT makes you to be more focused, there's no suspension to "flatten" the terrain, so you need to work harder, choose better lines, hope over obstacles, be more aware of what you are doing each second...and get more fit!

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
Interesting how both cables and brake hose is routed to the left, actually looks reeky clean.
mrrowlie wrote:
New Hardtail build from South Wales.

Frame: 2018 Orange P7 Large 27.5
Forks: Rockshox Lyrik RCT3 150mm (With 2019 Debonair spring, Push ultra low friction Seals)
Wheels: Hope Pro 4 on Stans Arch Mk3 (With Hope boost conversion kit) 27.5
Brakes: Shimano SLX M7000
Drivetrain: Shimano SLX M7000
Seatpost: Brand X Ascend XL 170mm
Tyres: Maxxis HR2 & Maxxis Ardent
Saddle: Charge Spoon
Stem: NukeProof
Bars: Nukeproof Carbon 800mm
Pedals: DMR V12
Decals: Slik Graphics

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028103
Mobile Version of Website