Do-It-All Hardtail Thread

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Do-It-All Hardtail Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
Anybody here have a street trials bike theyd be interested in selling?

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
heres mine!

my newly finished (for now...) Vitus Nucleus. rides great so far, but i haven't taken it down anything serious with the latest parts so we'll have to see. spec is as follows:
Marzocchi Bomber z2, 140mm travel, 2 tokens (was 120mm, so HTA sitting at about 66 unsagged)
Hope Fortus 30 wheelset
Shimano Deore 10 speed drivetrain
Shimano SLX brakes with 203mm XT rotors
WTB tires with Tannus Armour and tubes
Brand-X dropper with Wolftooth Light action ReMote
Nukeproof bars, pedals, seatclamp, and saddle
stock Vitus stem
DMR Deathgrips

other than (almost everything), its pretty much stock. im really stoked to get riding this, super pleased with the latest iteration of it!

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
Nice! Has it moved to a bolt thru axle at the back yet?

I had a 2014 Nucleus, it was a great bike.

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
lewiscraik wrote:

No, but the hope hubs I ordered have swappable end caps for whenever I get a frame with bolts so that's the driving force as to why I have them.

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
Cool. They probably cost more than I paid for my Nucleus. I bought my wife a Sentier, because of the bolt thru axles.

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
lewiscraik wrote:
Cool. They probably cost more than I paid for my Nucleus. I bought my wife a Sentier, because of the bolt thru axles.

Yeah that's the big advantage between the two. And yeah, they're Kinda pricey lol

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 16:27 Quote
justgoride wrote:
lewiscraik wrote:

No, but the hope hubs I ordered have swappable end caps for whenever I get a frame with bolts so that's the driving force as to why I have them.

Nice build. Superstar used to make an 8mm axle for QR dropouts. Not sure if Hope do an and cap for this but it might be an option. Not worrying about it is another option of course.

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 1:17 Quote
fielonator wrote:
justgoride wrote:
lewiscraik wrote:

Nice build. Superstar used to make an 8mm axle for QR dropouts. Not sure if Hope do an and cap for this but it might be an option. Not worrying about it is another option of course.

Thanks! That was what I was thinking, hope parts hold Their value well so I could always sell them and get some new ones tbh even if they didn't adapt.

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 4:10 Quote
Hope does make a 10x135 end cap that can use the dt Swiss 10x135 axle. It’s a small upgrade and fairy tough. I use the I9 version on my DJ bike. The 10x135 works in traditional dropouts.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006790
Mobile Version of Website