Do-It-All Hardtail Thread

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Do-It-All Hardtail Thread
Posted: Apr 13, 2022 at 20:55 Quote
https://share.icloud.com/photos/074EboGnsn19r6KLjyEC1F9AA#Mesa

O+
Posted: May 2, 2022 at 16:30 Quote
Mine in its current trim, great fun to ride. Bomber Z2 is a big improvement over the original Recon.

photo
photo

Next upgrade will be some decent brakes! It has basic Shimano 2-pots which are pretty weak and wooden feeling, especially compared to Code RSC on the other bike...

I'm not sure whether to try just better rotors (it has the 'resin pads only' ones) and better pads for a cheap improvement and see how that feels, or go the whole hog and and spend up on a new brake set.

Longer term... it doesn't need any changes to be fun because it puts a big silly grin on my face already, but it would be interesting to find out how it feels with a lighter wheelset. The front wheel alone (subtracting nominal tyre weight) is about 250g heavier than the Giant oem wheels on my other bikes!

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 12:37 Quote
Today I would like to show you the process of assembling my hardtail. Enjoy! Beer

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
Kona Raijin that I built up in 2016 and still ride a couple times a week.

Cane Creek Eewings
Shimano XT M8000 11 Speed
Shimano XT Brake levers with SLX Calipers (after the original SLX Levers stopped returning a couple months ago)
White Industries XMR Hubs with Velocity Blunt 35 rims
Maxxis Assegai 2.5 Front / Maxxis DHF 2.5 Rear (Both EXO and Maxterra)
Rockshox SID RLC with Charger Race Day Damper (it's my 4th damper now and I have been waiting on a warranty replacement since November of last year due to some oil weeping from the lockout lever)
PNW Pine dropper post with a Specialized Power Mirror Pro
Hunter Cycles smooth move bars with a Paul Components boxcar stem

Just crossed 5000 miles on it.

photo

Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 1:51 Quote
Charge Blender 26

Just got hold of one of these. Charge Blender. Looking to build it up as a commuter/trail bike. Won't be anything flash like some of the awesome hardtails in this thread.

Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 9:00 Quote
I've singlespeeded my Bfe. Fed up with leaves, mud and sticks ruining the drive train and spoiling the fun. Any others out there bored enough to try this out?

Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 9:02 Quote
Istillneedstabilisers wrote:
Charge Blender 26

Just got hold of one of these. Charge Blender. Looking to build it up as a commuter/trail bike. Won't be anything flash like some of the awesome hardtails in this thread.

Looks like it'll make a good bike. You building up from ebay or spare parts? I love the chase of trying to find cheap bits to fit somewhere.

Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 11:40 Quote
fielonator wrote:
Istillneedstabilisers wrote:
Charge Blender 26

Looks like it'll make a good bike. You building up from ebay or spare parts? I love the chase of trying to find cheap bits to fit somewhere.

Thanks! Pretty much ebay parts! Most of my spare stuff has gone on my lads bike!

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 12:38 Quote
Finally a HT back in the garage after some months without.

My Bird Zero 29 Mk2 in size L.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013762
Mobile Version of Website