Do-It-All Hardtail Thread

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Do-It-All Hardtail Thread
Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 6:00 Quote
Dialled Alpine Fox 36 HammerSchmidt AM Halo SAS 24 Saint Hope Tech V2 Thomson
Freshly built Dialled Alpine.

Dialled Alpine. It's the perfect frame for me (fit and function). I love it so much i built a second one.

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 14:13 Quote
Not a dartmoor phantom, but a dartmoor Hornet!

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 14:15 Quote
freddy-b wrote:
Not a dartmoor phantom, but a dartmoor Hornet!

Phantom is more lighter and agile.

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 17:40 Quote
There's really no such thing as a do-it-all hardtail. You can build something that will do a couple things well, but not everything. Not sure what type of riding you do, but if it's am type you might want a full suspension am bike instead. Just saying.. If it's really a hardtail you are after, figure out what geometry you want and talk to matt at stout bikes. He built my version of a do-a-couple-things-really-well bike. I am very pleased with the quality. The spec was exactly what I asked him for. He uses true temper ox platinum supertherm tubing and does some sick paint work too. My frame came in lighter than an evil sovereign or transition trans-am, was built better, to my spec and a better paintjob. Oh yeah, one more thing. It was actually cheaper to get a custom frame from stout than buying either of those frames. Go figure..

Here is what he built for me to my exact spec. Right down to the stripes on the rear endSmile

photo

photo

photo

Sick paint job included
photo

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 22:28 Quote
I love my mountain cycle rumble!! Unfortunately I need money so I can't keep it any
photo
more.

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 9:24 Quote
Chromag Samurai with a Fox 32, light wheelset and a 1x10 drivetrain.

Perfect stiffy setup.

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 9:32 Quote
Barnseyhcxc wrote:
CaptainLip wrote:
I do and with EASE, Up hill, down hill, all day long and its a pocket rocket.

not one to be overlooked or snubbed at until its tried.

Fair enough, never ridden one but if I were to build a pure 4x bike it'd be a Phantom or a Snap, they're sweet bikes I assumed the 4x geometry would be dodgy on AM, what fork are you running?
The darmoor hornet is the fr version of the phantom it can take up to 160 and there pretty cheap (under 200 quid)

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 14:11 Quote
What about an Evil sovereign?

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 14:21 Quote
dmrrider95 wrote:
Or cotic soul

They're nice but i prefer the long travel capabilities of the BFe Smile

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 14:24 Quote
120mm is all you need.

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 at 17:14 Quote
dmrrider95 wrote:
What about an Evil sovereign?

Here`s mine

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i45.tinypic.com/35m0e3b.jpg

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 at 15:46 Quote
do it all phantom Wink

27lbs dartmoor phantom 2011 Manitou circus comp 2011 stans crest on superstar evo schwalbe tabletops easton carbon bars raceface respond stem shimano slx brakes gears cranks blackspire lightweight ring blackspire Sub4 Flat Pedals superstar plasma ithink chainguide token carbon post Ragley Cheeky Natural Ti Saddle kmc lightweight chain odi grips
Phantom finished 27 lbs

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 at 23:40 Quote
Nice, looks like a real ripper Smile Currently considering a Stanton Slackline 853 for myself, anyone got any thoughts on this?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023455
Mobile Version of Website