Concussions and Post-Concussion Syndrome

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Concussions and Post-Concussion Syndrome
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 at 19:19 Quote
Just a 'heads-up' to anyone that's had or has a concussion. Make sure you take care of it properly - even a suspected concussion without symptoms. I've had too many concussion and it has caught up with me. I'm on month 5 of having 'post-concussion syndrome'. Some people get it for years. You don't want it: can't work, no internet, no exercise, no tv, movies, music... Essentially, they wanted you to stay in a dark room for months - but talk to people daily so you don't kill yourself. NOT FUN. So, if you want to avoid getting post-concussion syndrome, then make sure you REST after a concussion. Don't do ANY activity. The worst thing is to hit your head again afterwards. Rest, rest, rest. No mental or physical stimulation. I'm obviously not a doctor - so please look up other info yourself and take it seriously because it could catch up with you later in life.

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 10:31 Quote
A former coworkers son had hard fall wakeboarding one day went out again the next day had anouther hard fall went into a coma and didn't come out . He had got a concussion the first day so when he hit his head again the next day it did more damage his passing broke his mothers heart so don't do that to your mom or yourself . If you hit head hard becareful don't ride for a few day at least and listen to any advise the doctor gave you.

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 at 22:01 Quote
Hey I just ate it earlier today. Got checked out at the ER and they took a CT scan but didn't see anything wrong. But I had a bit of memory loss and things dont taste right. Is that normal? Never hit my head before so I don't know.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013935
Mobile Version of Website