Group of Motorcycle Hotness & Discussion

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Group of Motorcycle Hotness & Discussion
Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 4:02 Quote
Simps08
Nice yz!

I am curious though where did you get the nice plastics?

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 10:14 Quote
Nice bike!
Good to see this forum resurrected.
My dr250 died at the end of august. Currently looking for good used top end parts. Probably will end up buying a whole engine. Anyone have any experience buying used engine bits on ebay? How can you tell if the stuff is usable? The ad for the engine i was looking at for $350 says 'feels like it has good compression' but thats not really reassuring.

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
Its this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/322834705825

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 11:40 Quote
Ask him to do a compression test (and maybe a leakdown test too) and post a vid of it on YouTube for you. If you're serious about buying the engine provided it's in good shape, let him know that so long as compression is good, then you'll buy it.

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 14:32 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Simps08
Nice yz!

Thanks.....the plastics for both bikes were bought on eBay. The graphics kits on both were bought at moto-stylemx. They have some great kits. Not cheap but they're holding up very well. Moto-stylemx is in Europe I think?

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
Its this one
why not just buy a crashed motorcycle from copart or other auctions? you can get them there for cheap af like 300 bucks
and you can sell the parts you don't need

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 15:21 Quote
False wrote:
mrgonzo wrote:
Its this one
why not just buy a crashed motorcycle from copart or other auctions? you can get them there for cheap af like 300 bucks

Dunno where you’re looking but crashed motorcycles seem to go for loads as parts or job lot.

Plus they don’t say in description what could potentially be at fault with parts.

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
simps08 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Simps08
Nice yz!

Thanks.....the plastics for both bikes were bought on eBay. The graphics kits on both were bought at moto-stylemx. They have some great kits. Not cheap but they're holding up very well. Moto-stylemx is in Europe I think?

Salute
Thanks dude! So hard to find nice graphics for older bikes. Really like yours. Need the Honda version for my bike lol

Going riding this weekend! Lending the guy who works for me my ttr125, and another buddy my cr250

I am going to ride my banshee, so I can keep up to my buddy cartera ( from the forum here) he has a crazy husky 501!

Should be a good day

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 16:29 Quote
[Quote="Thepureface"]
simps08 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Simps08
Nice yz!

Salute
Thanks dude! So hard to find nice graphics for older bikes. Really like yours. Need the Honda version for my bike lol

Going riding this weekend! Lending the guy who works for me my ttr125, and another buddy my cr250

I am going to ride my banshee, so I can keep up to my buddy cartera ( from the forum here) he has a crazy husky 501!

Should be a good day[/Quote

Sounds like you're going to have a blast, wish I was there. Check out that site (motostylemx) when you get a chance. They have graphics for all most makes and years. There's a gallery with riders bikes that is amazing for ideas. Have a great ride!

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 20:34 Quote
[Quote="therealtylerdurden"]Ask him to do a compression test (and maybe a leakdown test too) and post a vid of it on YouTube for you. If you're serious about buying the engine provided it's in good shape, let him know that so long as compression is good, then you'll buy it.[/Quote

Thanks I'll see if i can arrange that. Could you even do a compression test on an engine that's not in the bike? Like how would you be able to kick it hard enough to do a good test?

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 22:22 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
False wrote:
mrgonzo wrote:
Its this one

Dunno where you’re looking but crashed motorcycles seem to go for loads as parts or job lot.

Plus they don’t say in description what could potentially be at fault with parts.

yeah but you can usually go to the auction and start it up for yourself

Posted: Nov 17, 2017 at 0:53 Quote
[Quote="mrgonzo"]
therealtylerdurden wrote:
Ask him to do a compression test (and maybe a leakdown test too) and post a vid of it on YouTube for you. If you're serious about buying the engine provided it's in good shape, let him know that so long as compression is good, then you'll buy it.[/Quote

Thanks I'll see if i can arrange that. Could you even do a compression test on an engine that's not in the bike? Like how would you be able to kick it hard enough to do a good test?

It wouldn't be the easiest thing, but it also shouldn't be impossible. Maybe place a block of wood under the rear of the engine to help stabilize it.

Posted: Nov 17, 2017 at 9:00 Quote
False wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
False wrote:

So you meant an actual land based auction house?
Now I follow

Posted: Nov 17, 2017 at 11:28 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
False wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

So you meant an actual land based auction house?
Now I follow
yeah something like copart

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014903
Mobile Version of Website