Filipe Perestrelo Pinkbike community sponsorship + donations

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Filipe Perestrelo Pinkbike community sponsorship + donations
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 14, 2012 at 15:44 Quote
Any one who has looked through the video entry's in the Ride Giant, Ride Whistler contest, has seen the video submitted by Filipe Perestrelo, user name Filp.

Views: 214,410    Faves: 2,032    Comments: 367

contest video entry - https://www.pinkbike.com/video/261369/#cid1286774

It is pretty evident that he is as dedicated a biker as it gets, but is doing all this shredding on a supermarket bike(whats left of it after some gnarly jumps for the video). I know I am not the only person on pinkbike who would like to help this guy out and have some spare parts he could use. So I've started this page to create a spot where we can all discuss the parts we can give, or the mechanical time (building wheels etc) to help out an awesome fellow rider.

To ensure that we aren't sending him every random part we own and hes getting a bunch of 24" front wheels and 27.2 seatposts or something I think we should aim to creating a parts list that will all fit with each other, and presumably the giant glory frame.

Also as shipping to Portugal isnt cheap We will also start a shipping donation fund.
If your interested in donating to help out with shipping costs please send money to the paypal email : "azonicrider22@hotmail.com"
All donations will be posted here along with the amount given (unless you wish to remain anonymous). All funds that remains after shipping will be sent direct to Filipe who im sure will put it to great use either to pay to put it all together or for tools, spare parts, etc etc.

Parts NEEDED:
Frame: NEEDED* (unless he wins the glory which is more then likely)
Fork: Rock Shox Totem 09, jr-t 03
Headset: Pig DH Pro
Fr Wheel: NEEDED
Rr Wheel: , Mavic ex721 laced to XT hub
Crankset: holzfeller
BB: truvativ
Brakes: Avid elixir 7's
Rotors: Hope 8"
Stem: holzfeller
Bar: hussefelt 31.8
Derailleur: X7
Shifter: x7
Chainguide: lg1+
Pedals: dmr magnesium
Tires: 2.5 maxxis highrollers
Seat: Charge spoon
Seat post: Bontrager 31.6

PayPal Donations $CAD
poosticks $8.00
radrider $5.00
cblandscape $15.00

FL
Posted: Jun 14, 2012 at 15:52 Quote
I have some old NS aeriel pedals going spare. They're good pedals, but well used - still better than a supermarket pair!

Posted: Jun 14, 2012 at 15:54 Quote
tom666 wrote:
I have some old NS aeriel pedals going spare. They're good pedals, but well used - still better than a supermarket pair!

HELL YA, ill add em to the list

Posted: Jun 14, 2012 at 18:09 Quote
radrider wrote:
Any one who has looked through the video entry's in the Ride Giant, Ride Whistler contest, has seen the video submitted by Filipe Perestrelo, user name Filp.

Views: 214,410    Faves: 2,032    Comments: 367

contest video entry - https://www.pinkbike.com/video/261369/#cid1286774

It is pretty evident that he is as dedicated a biker as it gets, but is doing all this shredding on a supermarket bike(whats left of it after some gnarly jumps for the video). I know I am not the only person on pinkbike who would like to help this guy out and have some spare parts he could use. So I've started this page to create a spot where we can all discuss the parts we can give, or the mechanical time (building wheels etc) to help out an awesome fellow rider.

To ensure that we aren't sending him every random part we own and hes getting a bunch of 24" front wheels and 27.2 seatposts or something I think we should aim to creating a parts list that will all fit with each other, and presumably the giant glory frame.

Also as shipping to Portugal isnt cheap We will also start a shipping donation fund.

Parts needed:
Frame: needed* (unless he wins the glory which is more then likely)
Fork: needed*, possibly a Spinner Cargo 150mm fork 20mm axle
Headset: best current offer, Pig DH Pro
Fr Wheel: needed
Rr Wheel: best current offer, Mavic ex721 laced to XT hub
Crankset: best current offer, block 8 cranks (strong bmx style 3 piece cranks, unsure of compliance with Giant glory)
BB: needed
Brakes: best current offer, hays hfx mag brand new(needs pads) and used hays nines DB lever(needs pads)
Rotors: need one more rotor so far one hays 8 inch offered
Stem: needed
Bar: needed
Derailleur: needed
Shifter: needed
Chainguide: best current offer, Gamut guide(old iscg however)
Pedals: best current offer, NS aeriel's
Tires: needed
Seat: best current offer, Atom lab DJ seat
Seat post: best current offer, Bontrager 31.6

I've got some spare parts lying around, some are newer than others. I have an entire X7 setup that's been used, but it works; I'd be more than thrilled to post it to him! I also have a couple of used hayes 8" rotors if you don't have a matching set.

Posted: Jun 14, 2012 at 20:18 Quote
ambatt wrote:

I've got some spare parts lying around, some are newer than others. I have an entire X7 setup that's been used, but it works; I'd be more than thrilled to post it to him! I also have a couple of used hayes 8" rotors if you don't have a matching set.

awesome, all helpful

Posted: Jun 14, 2012 at 21:20 Quote
Bump! this is a great cause! I have a Hayes Trail front brake and its almost new and the pads are in great shape. Let me know where I can ship it too...

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 1:46 Quote
Hello, he should create a paypal account for donations, i would like to help him but i dont have spare parts but i could donate some euros. Think about that and good luck Smile

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 6:44 Quote
hi, i've got a pair of maxxis high roller DH tyres, dual ply, 26 x 2.5 - MaxxPro 60a that i would be more than happy to donate to this guy. both used, one of them is very worn down but obviously still ridable the other is in decent condition.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 6:51 Quote
Radrider, you are a hero.. when i posted that comment under the video of filipe, i meant what i said litrally, but i never would have thought someone would actually take time to make this whole thing possible.. i'm behind you 100% man. good work! oh, and i do have a few parts lying around here and there, that i would be more than happy to give away. its good to know that there are still people out there who are kind generous enough to do stuff like this.. keep it up guys. Salute

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 14:17 Quote
if we have parts to donate, where should we send them to?

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 18:19 Quote
evolution wrote:
Bump! this is a great cause! I have a Hayes Trail front brake and its almost new and the pads are in great shape. Let me know where I can ship it too...
Awesome, ill replace this with the hays nine in rough shape on the parts list. Ill let you know the shipping info once i get it from Filipe

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 18:20 Quote
snell wrote:
hi, i've got a pair of maxxis high roller DH tyres, dual ply, 26 x 2.5 - MaxxPro 60a that i would be more than happy to donate to this guy. both used, one of them is very worn down but obviously still ridable the other is in decent condition.
Sweet man im sure he will love that set, I may actually have another 2.5 high roller i could send aswell in good condition so hes got a sick set.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 18:21 Quote
cretin82 wrote:
I will post his address up

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2012 at 18:23 Quote
radrider wrote:
cretin82 wrote:
I will post his address up

alright thanks! i have a brand new pair of welgo pedals that came with my bike and i put on some different ones so i want them to go to a good place.

Posted: Jun 16, 2012 at 2:35 Quote
have splined truvativ bottom bracket, brand new if any use?

also poly carb 36t shimano bash ring.

and some decent grips in very good cond.

Just a though guys but maybe if this guy had a paypal account we could all just send him £5 or sumthin, lose change to the individual but will probably mount up at his end to a decent amount, then maybe him and his family could get exactly what they want, rather than a load of random parts that may or may not be any good to him.

just a theory.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012578
Mobile Version of Website