Brake's biting point changes?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Brake's biting point changes?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 3:30 Quote
Hi,

I have recently bought some Tektro Auriga Comps from PB. The brakes are great for just some standard brakes, except one thing. The 'biting' point of my rear brake changes. If I leave my bike to stand (say over night) then when I go to ride it the next day, the biting point is close to the bars. Then, if I 'pump' it, or just use it once or twice, the biting point will go to a point further away from the bars and be closer to matching the front brakes biting point. If I ride for 10 minutes or so, without braking then the biting point goes back to near the handle bar. The brakes don't feel 'squishy' at all, so I don't think they need bleeding.

Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it? I would not be bothered about the biting point being close to the bar, as long as it was consistent. Here's some pictures to try show you what I mean:

After standing:
photo

After use/pumping:
photo

Thanks for any help Smile
Ryan

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 10:21 Quote
you need to bleed your brakes.

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 10:26 Quote
Oh alright ok Smile I thought because they weren't squishy I wouldn't have to, but now I know Razz

Thanks
Smile

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 10:29 Quote
RMCaird wrote:
Oh alright ok Smile I thought because they weren't squishy I wouldn't have to, but now I know Razz

Thanks
Smile

My brake was doing the same thing not long ago , apart from it was different corner to corner Big Grin It did make me rail some corners faster than ever only it was luck rather than skills Smile
Give them a bleed and now they feel perfect.

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 20:08 Quote
definitely needs a bleed you should be able to pop some air bubbles out and they'll be good.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010966
Mobile Version of Website