Year round biking in BC?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Year round biking in BC?
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 19:49 Quote
Conservatively it's 50 min to Squamish and 1:30 to North Van (more/less depending on traffic and speed).

You can find a job paying $30K easy here. That's only $15 an hour (full time). What's your background?

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 14:48 Quote
30K aint shit in Whistler... You'll live out of a shoebox..

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 10:13 Quote
one thing about BC is BRINGCASH!!!! it,s expensive up here and continues to get more expensive , we get taxed to death , my wages are up $5per hr when compared to a couple yrs back and i still have no extra $$$ due to getting dinged everytime you purchase something .

as for yr round riding for the most part Vancouver and the surrounding lower mainland are very mild weather wise and if you don,t mind riding in the rain and muck you will have no issues riding yr round up here , i can only remember a few times we had crappy rides due to heavy snow conditions and i,m talking 6" or more snow on the actual trails and such . what we used to do is switch riding areas when the weather got too crappy , some of the mountains get a fair amount of snow and others get a dusting . my self i,m lucky being in Maple Ridge area i have several areas too choose from all yr round

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 13:51 Quote
digital-criminal wrote:

I couldn't live on it I know that. But If someone doesn't have a wife and a mortgage etc... they could. Wink

$500-600/month for a room, eating cheap... it's doable.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 16:16 Quote
JScott wrote:
digital-criminal wrote:

I couldn't live on it I know that. But If someone doesn't have a wife and a mortgage etc... they could. Wink

doable, as in a shoebox.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 18:32 Quote
digital-criminal wrote:
JScott wrote:

doable, as in a shoebox.

I rent out a suite in my house, which is a nice two bedroom in Alpine, for $1200 a month. It's not a shoebox.

I'll admit I'd charge more for a bunch of kids though.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 10:17 Quote
JScott wrote:
digital-criminal wrote:
JScott wrote:

doable, as in a shoebox.

I rent out a suite in my house, which is a nice two bedroom in Alpine, for $1200 a month. It's not a shoebox.

I'll admit I'd charge more for a bunch of kids though.

$1200x12months is $14,400.
So you now have $15,600 left for food, travel expenses, insurance, lift passes, entertainment etc...
Good luck bro.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 14:45 Quote
I was implying you could rent a ROOM in a suite like that, you know, like with a roommate. So you wouldn't be responsible for the full $1200 a month.

When I was in my early 20's I lived in Vancouver making about $30K a year when I was starting my business. It is possible. $30K a year is $26K after tax, $600 for rent if you live cheap, and you should be able to live off that.

It's not what I personally would want. But you guys can't be so negative. I have friends that make next to nothing here in Whistler and make it work.

I'm just lucky enough to have a successful enough home based business, because I have too many expenses. Wink

Posted: Oct 15, 2012 at 16:13 Quote
365 days per year of riding here on Vancouver Island around Victoria. tup

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 16:59 Quote
just got me an SS/4x
Rampant it is.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.014830
Mobile Version of Website