Doss or Reverb?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Doss or Reverb?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 14:33 Quote
As per title really, in the market for a dropper post and wondered what the general opinion is, i can get the doss for £300 or the reverb for £250, prefer the lever of the reverb however i am just worried about the reliability of them

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 15:32 Quote
all droppers dont seem to be reliable, you have fox on the front right? get some fox to sit on also.

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 15:48 Quote
Have you seen the lever? its pretty ugly!

CaptainLip wrote:
all droppers dont seem to be reliable, you have fox on the front right? get some fox to sit on also.

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 23:46 Quote
Got a discount code for an extra 10% off wiggle, maybe u can use it for your camel back and glasses? let me know

CaptainLip wrote:

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 2:15 Quote
Don't think it works for stuff that's already discounted does it?

Once it's fitted you will forget about the lever

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 2:47 Quote
The DOSS is probably the only dropper I have not owned but I currently have a Reverb and it is definitely the best I have owned. I also prefer infinite adjustment on my posts, if you want a fixed position dropper save some money and get a gravity dropper.

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 3:17 Quote
My code works on anything in stock mate, checked it, got the reverb down to £242

CaptainLip wrote:
Don't think it works for stuff that's already discounted does it?

Once it's fitted you will forget about the lever

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 3:21 Quote
Thanks for the reply, most peoe with it seem happy, think I'll save myself 60 quid and get the reverb

jewsef wrote:
The DOSS is probably the only dropper I have not owned but I currently have a Reverb and it is definitely the best I have owned. I also prefer infinite adjustment on my posts, if you want a fixed position dropper save some money and get a gravity dropper.

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 13:15 Quote
I've been using a reverb for about 6 months with no issues, had a joplin before and sent it back for repair 3 times in a year. The only thing you should consider with the reverb is the cable connects to be seat clamp, rather than the lower, so you have a lot of cable floating around (unless you go for the stealth). I like the DOSS (and CC Kronalog) design where this has been sorted which makes for much neater cable routing, but as for reliability, its too soon to know.

Jimbo83 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, most peoe with it seem happy, think I'll save myself 60 quid and get the reverb

jewsef wrote:

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 at 0:21 Quote
danrack wrote:
I've been using a reverb for about 6 months with no issues, had a joplin before and sent it back for repair 3 times in a year. The only thing you should consider with the reverb is the cable connects to be seat clamp, rather than the lower, so you have a lot of cable floating around (unless you go for the stealth). I like the DOSS (and CC Kronalog) design where this has been sorted which makes for much neater cable routing, but as for reliability, its too soon to know.

Jimbo83 wrote:

jewsef wrote:

the DOSS' cable is connected to the seat clamp just like the reverb , i wouldn't touch the kronolog with a bargepole .

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 at 0:38 Quote
When I put my bike in my car I have http remove the seat post, I'd this gonna be an issue if I'm using a dropper?

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 at 0:42 Quote
Jimbo83 wrote:
When I put my bike in my car I have http remove the seat post, I'd this gonna be an issue if I'm using a dropper?

If you have one with internal routing then maybe it will be an issue, I have the internal routed version of the reverb and if i drop it to the minimum and take off the saddle it sticks out about 2 1/2"
If you have external routing you will be fine if there is enough slack on the cable/hose to take the post out.

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 at 15:41 Quote
Hi,

I just purchased the normally routed 2012 version for a great price of £228 delivered! best price by far

nidgeslash9 wrote:
Jimbo83 wrote:

If you have one with internal routing then maybe it will be an issue, I have the internal routed version of the reverb and if i drop it to the minimum and take off the saddle it sticks out about 2 1/2"
If you have external routing you will be fine if there is enough slack on the cable/hose to take the post out.

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 at 17:05 Quote
got mine from an isreali shop on ebay, 2012 version with bleed kit for £167 delivered .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sram-Rockshox-12A-Reverb-Seatpost-125mm-31-6-x-380-Right-Mountain-Bike-Bicycle-/221037134774?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3376d703b6

its gone up a bit since i got mine 6 months ago .

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 0:24 Quote
Thats a decent price, i bought mine last night, very happy with 228 from a UK retailer, just hope i dont have any issues :-)

b45her wrote:
got mine from an isreali shop on ebay, 2012 version with bleed kit for £167 delivered .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sram-Rockshox-12A-Reverb-Seatpost-125mm-31-6-x-380-Right-Mountain-Bike-Bicycle-/221037134774?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3376d703b6

its gone up a bit since i got mine 6 months ago .

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011699
Mobile Version of Website