What do I do if I've been scammed? Answers Here *Under Construction*

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
What do I do if I've been scammed? Answers Here *Under Construction*
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2012 at 7:12 Quote
If you think you may have been a victim of fraud there are some simple steps you can take straight away to sort the problem out.

** Remember to report scammers to me or others moderators.**

The following are answers for different scams:.

[Note: The police must and can be involved in any scam report, but they do not always convict the scammer of fraud when it's a certain amount]

Payment Methods

-Paypal-

Personal - The buyer can no longer dispute the payment if the goods are never sent, because in Paypals eyes no goods were part of the transaction.

Purchase - Paypal cover you fully and will give you 45 days to make a claim against the seller.

----------------

-Bank Transfer-

You cannot get your money back. The only way of attempting to, is to call the police and report the act of fraud. It can be taken to court, but depending on the money involved/where you live, will vary in what is done.

-Credit Card or Debit Card-

You should be covered for online card fraud as long as any mischief that befalls you is not due to your personal negligence. Under Payment Services Regulations, and the Consumer Credit Act you will not be liable for losses resulting from internet fraud relating to a debit or credit card unless you have acted fraudulently or negligently.

-Cheque/Check-

Again, like bank transfer, it's hard to get your money back. The exact amount will depend on how much the defendants are able to pay, how much the court orders for refunds, and how many people bought the product.

------------------

Other payment methods (COD,Direct Transfer,Western Union,instant cash wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram

In most case of these payment methods, your money cannot be recovered and it's very hard to get it back, but this all depends on the police and court.

----------------

Trades

What if I traded with another person, but didn't receive the item?

This all depends on the value of the item. If it was of very low value, there's not much likeliness that anything can be done, but if it's worth a valuable amount, then the police and courts will chase it up.

---------------

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017448
Mobile Version of Website