Giant Faith flipped link?

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Faith flipped link?
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
how exactly do you flip the link, i was looking at a faith not to long ago and it did not seem to make sense

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 23:57 Quote
spag wrote:
how exactly do you flip the link, i was looking at a faith not to long ago and it did not seem to make sense

Swivel the silver link 180 degrees as in the top chainstay pivots to the bottom. Then Bolt the rear shock first and after u do that connect the chainstay back onto the link...simple

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 9:23 Quote
any one got a pic?

FL
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
how about this pic? I'm also into tuned my Faith Smile

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
I have the link flipped on my faith and its sick. Got second place at a mount snow race

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 3:59 Quote
wesley1234567 wrote:
spag wrote:

Swivel the silver link 180 degrees as in the top chainstay pivots to the bottom. Then Bolt the rear shock first and after u do that connect the chainstay back onto the link...simple

Ummm.... no. you just swap the left and right linkages around as the the actual point the shock mounts to is slightly off center.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 4:47 Quote
a-n-d-y wrote:
wesley1234567 wrote:
spag wrote:

Ummm.... no. you just swap the left and right linkages around as the the actual point the shock mounts to is slightly off center.
what!? then your shock mounts would be out of line causing you to have a diagonal shock. retard.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 7:21 Quote
a-n-d-y wrote:
wesley1234567 wrote:
spag wrote:

ya but they dont use the same attachment system, the top threads into the link, tho bottom passes through

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 4:14 Quote
Well i have owned 2 faiths now, 1st one didnt have flipped links. 2nd one does, i only really noticed a bit of difference when using 66's but when i upgraded 2 888's going around berms was effortless and so mint. Bottom line is i recommend trying flipped links and even if u dont like it u can still switch them back.

The one thing about flipped links as if they are flipped its a b*tch having the shock bolt behind the subframe =)

pictures of links coming soon...

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 5:16 Quote
non-flipped links

photo

flipped links

photo

As you can see once you have flipped your links the shock bolt is on the other side, meaning that it is behind that frame!

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 17:28 Quote
i flipped the links on my faith and havent had a problem yet. and as far as strength goes mine held up off a 30 + foot drop. keep in mind i only weigh like 145 pounds though. but overall i like it you dont feel as upright on the bars as before the links were flipped.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 9:34 Quote
B-flea wrote:
i flipped the links on my faith and havent had a problem yet. and as far as strength goes mine held up off a 30 + foot drop. keep in mind i only weigh like 145 pounds though. but overall i like it you dont feel as upright on the bars as before the links were flipped.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://patcheswholesale.com/images/RedBullshit.jpg

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 9:42 Quote
brentjj wrote:
B-flea wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://patcheswholesale.com/images/RedBullshit.jpg
+1

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
ok what ever.if you are so imature that you go around telling your opinoin and not saying anything that is productive or helpful you should just not say anything at all.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
B-flea wrote:
ok what ever.if you are so imature that you go around telling your opinoin and not saying anything that is productive or helpful you should just not say anything at all.
well i dont think that pinkbike would be any good without saying there own opinion. it woiuld just be a bunch pictures without stories and adds without words... in my opinionlol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.131457
Mobile Version of Website