CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 12:53 Quote
surfhard987 wrote:
stonant wrote:
Anyone ever ride Cowles? Thoughts/reviews?

Great little park, the trails between the road and the powerlines are typical of new "mtb trail" construction where they pack tons of miles into a tiny area. They're fun but just be prepared to turn a lot.

Taj Mahal across the powerlines is a super fun descent, flat out it'll take 5-6 minutes with some short climbs (basically an enduro run). There are a lot of other trails beyond that into Tariffville but i never got a chance to ride them

You dont live here no moar... opinions not valid...

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 8:26 Quote
Anyone ride in Southeastern Ct? I'll ride anywhere from Bluff point to Millers Pond (Durham) to Case and anywhere and everywhere in between.
Was riding with a group of guys but life has gotten in the way and we just can't seem to get a ride scheduled.

I usually ride Sat or Sun morning, I am up early so I am good with being in the woods at 7 or 8am. Can also ride Tuesdays in the afternoon around 4.

TIA
John

feel free to email @ ctvette2003@gmail.com

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
Anybody know if Thunder is still open?

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 13:20 Quote
they close usually the first or second week of november

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 13:53 Quote
As per two weeks ago when I was there last, they intend to close Bike Ops the first week of November this year.

Last year was the same, but they kept it open an extra weekend due to great weather.

If anyone will be there Sunday lets catch a lap. I'll be checking out Killington on Saturday

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 16:47 Quote
Well my season is over. snapped my frame at MCBP over the weekend. Luckily I has a warrenty.

Hope yall finish up your seasons safely.

Lets pray for a new CT bike park next season.

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 17:21 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Well my season is over. snapped my frame at MCBP over the weekend. Luckily I has a warrenty.

Hope yall finish up your seasons safely.

Lets pray for a new CT bike park next season.

The darkside?

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 18:56 Quote
bad landing? this is unfortunately the second story i've read about darksides snapping (in a short period of time)

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 19:24 Quote
Hardly. Just a regular old pipe line drop.

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 3:51 Quote
Anyone down for Thunder on Saturday?

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 6:29 Quote
I'll me at mountain creek giving the DH bike a good ol fashion smashing. Been parking the trail bike far too much this season. Possibly Thunder Sunday, but its doubtful at the moment

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 8:57 Quote
shredds wrote:
Mount Southington signed a 5-year contract with Gravity Logic back in October for those who were wondering. They will likely break ground this spring, but nothing will be open until 2018. I've also talked to Jarrod at Ski Sundown, he says the reason they haven't done any sort of Mountain Bike Park is because the state of Connecticut has some weird policies that regard Mountain Biking differently than Skiing in terms of its risk, thus getting insurance would be way too expensive for them. Not quite sure how Southington is managing that though.

Yesss! I live 10min from there!

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 18:18 Quote
Rascalboy775 wrote:
shredds wrote:
Mount Southington signed a 5-year contract with Gravity Logic back in October for those who were wondering. They will likely break ground this spring, but nothing will be open until 2018. I've also talked to Jarrod at Ski Sundown, he says the reason they haven't done any sort of Mountain Bike Park is because the state of Connecticut has some weird policies that regard Mountain Biking differently than Skiing in terms of its risk, thus getting insurance would be way too expensive for them. Not quite sure how Southington is managing that though.

this was confirmed fake sadly.

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 20:31 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Rascalboy775 wrote:
shredds wrote:

this was confirmed fake sadly.
lol cant believe this was a whole year ago

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012376
Mobile Version of Website