CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Author Message
Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 11:44 Quote
speaking only for the way things are now, i think the biggest thing ive noticed is some people respect their surroundings, respect the work that was put in, and also respect mother nature, while other people dont think about anything but their ride and dont respect the trails. where i live theirs a guy who gives tours all the time to non locals, showing them all the secret spots, this dude doesnt put in ANY work time in there, just constantly showing anyone who will follow him all of the secret spots, so when the people who actually work in there want to hit something we usually have to throw dirt on everything. we all wanna ride not spend our rides fixing shit, im not saying these people need to stop riding the stunts or that they should build their own, just be a real mtn biker and stash a shovel somewhere, find the holes we already have dug for fresh dirt and throw some on the tranny if you rut it out. be responsible for yourself out there and respect the trails and its easy to gain respect from the people that have been doing this for 20+ years.
springs here mf'ers lets have a rad season here in CT!

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 12:13 Quote
whitebullit wrote:
speaking only for the way things are now, i think the biggest thing ive noticed is some people respect their surroundings, respect the work that was put in, and also respect mother nature, while other people dont think about anything but their ride and dont respect the trails. where i live theirs a guy who gives tours all the time to non locals, showing them all the secret spots, this dude doesnt put in ANY work time in there, just constantly showing anyone who will follow him all of the secret spots, so when the people who actually work in there want to hit something we usually have to throw dirt on everything. we all wanna ride not spend our rides fixing shit, im not saying these people need to stop riding the stunts or that they should build their own, just be a real mtn biker and stash a shovel somewhere, find the holes we already have dug for fresh dirt and throw some on the tranny if you rut it out. be responsible for yourself out there and respect the trails and its easy to gain respect from the people that have been doing this for 20+ years.
springs here mf'ers lets have a rad season here in CT!

If it makes you feel better i stacked and slapped the lip on the dirty hippy post-sending.

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 12:51 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
whitebullit wrote:
speaking only for the way things are now, i think the biggest thing ive noticed is some people respect their surroundings, respect the work that was put in, and also respect mother nature, while other people dont think about anything but their ride and dont respect the trails. where i live theirs a guy who gives tours all the time to non locals, showing them all the secret spots, this dude doesnt put in ANY work time in there, just constantly showing anyone who will follow him all of the secret spots, so when the people who actually work in there want to hit something we usually have to throw dirt on everything. we all wanna ride not spend our rides fixing shit, im not saying these people need to stop riding the stunts or that they should build their own, just be a real mtn biker and stash a shovel somewhere, find the holes we already have dug for fresh dirt and throw some on the tranny if you rut it out. be responsible for yourself out there and respect the trails and its easy to gain respect from the people that have been doing this for 20+ years.
springs here mf'ers lets have a rad season here in CT!

If it makes you feel better i stacked and slapped the lip on the dirty hippy post-sending.

what would make me feel better is if when people sold a used frame they told the buyer about the broken axle tensioner bolt on the rear swingarm

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
whitebullit wrote:
ctbiker888 wrote:
whitebullit wrote:
speaking only for the way things are now, i think the biggest thing ive noticed is some people respect their surroundings, respect the work that was put in, and also respect mother nature, while other people dont think about anything but their ride and dont respect the trails. where i live theirs a guy who gives tours all the time to non locals, showing them all the secret spots, this dude doesnt put in ANY work time in there, just constantly showing anyone who will follow him all of the secret spots, so when the people who actually work in there want to hit something we usually have to throw dirt on everything. we all wanna ride not spend our rides fixing shit, im not saying these people need to stop riding the stunts or that they should build their own, just be a real mtn biker and stash a shovel somewhere, find the holes we already have dug for fresh dirt and throw some on the tranny if you rut it out. be responsible for yourself out there and respect the trails and its easy to gain respect from the people that have been doing this for 20+ years.
springs here mf'ers lets have a rad season here in CT!

If it makes you feel better i stacked and slapped the lip on the dirty hippy post-sending.

what would make me feel better is if when people sold a used frame they told the buyer about the broken axle tensioner bolt on the rear swingarm

The man stacked and slapped, there’s only so much one man can do.

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 17:30 Quote
Is there any good pumptrack or dirt jump spot in central ct? I know there was something going on at the rockland base but havnt been over there in a while. If there isn't, would there be any support for one?

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 19:35 Quote
boogaloo77 wrote:
Is there any good pumptrack or dirt jump spot in central ct? I know there was something going on at the rockland base but havnt been over there in a while. If there isn't, would there be any support for one?

Rockland's is still a work in progress/scattered piles of dirt at this point. Other than that, most dj spots that I can think of in central ish CT have been plowed or abandoned.

Posted: Mar 30, 2018 at 4:00 Quote
DARKSTAR63 wrote:

I have to say, as much as I enjoy freeride, and building, and have been to some of the states best "secret" spots...they should be kept that way. I absolutely would never want to see state land or parks openly used in that way. I think that would get out of control real quick. I already much prefer that natural state of the woods found in many state parks to places like Rockland for example, and it would be a million times worse if people we openly allowed to start building jumps and features everywhere they see fit. That kind of stuff needs thought and planning. Existing in the "underground" helps to self regulate. Once enough people know about that sort of thing it spirals out of control. So I don't really want more "support" from government on the construction of mtb features on state land. At the end of the day - they are right.

I hear you but I’m not talking about the biggest, most dangerous lines that you are referring to. I just mean places where you can find it on google and people can all get together and ride in a fun, safe spot that encourages biking and progression. Dirt jumps and pump tracks. CT is really behind in that aspect.

Posted: Mar 30, 2018 at 4:43 Quote
ethanlikesbikes wrote:
DARKSTAR63 wrote:

I have to say, as much as I enjoy freeride, and building, and have been to some of the states best "secret" spots...they should be kept that way. I absolutely would never want to see state land or parks openly used in that way. I think that would get out of control real quick. I already much prefer that natural state of the woods found in many state parks to places like Rockland for example, and it would be a million times worse if people we openly allowed to start building jumps and features everywhere they see fit. That kind of stuff needs thought and planning. Existing in the "underground" helps to self regulate. Once enough people know about that sort of thing it spirals out of control. So I don't really want more "support" from government on the construction of mtb features on state land. At the end of the day - they are right.

I hear you but I’m not talking about the biggest, most dangerous lines that you are referring to. I just mean places where you can find it on google and people can all get together and ride in a fun, safe spot that encourages biking and progression. Dirt jumps and pump tracks. CT is really behind in that aspect.


I would agree to that point. I mean you have Rockland, it would be neat if there was another place similar but more intermediate. Thing is, a lot of the reason Rockland is so beginner is the town. From what I have heard, have been particular about it not being dangerous- at all. As far as dirt jumps and pump tracks, yes it would be cool to see some public zones pop up. I was referring more to free reign to build free-ride features in State Forests. It's not something I can imagine happening nor would want to happen.

Posted: Apr 3, 2018 at 15:40 Quote
whitebullit wrote:
ctbiker888 wrote:
whitebullit wrote:
speaking only for the way things are now, i think the biggest thing ive noticed is some people respect their surroundings, respect the work that was put in, and also respect mother nature, while other people dont think about anything but their ride and dont respect the trails. where i live theirs a guy who gives tours all the time to non locals, showing them all the secret spots, this dude doesnt put in ANY work time in there, just constantly showing anyone who will follow him all of the secret spots, so when the people who actually work in there want to hit something we usually have to throw dirt on everything. we all wanna ride not spend our rides fixing shit, im not saying these people need to stop riding the stunts or that they should build their own, just be a real mtn biker and stash a shovel somewhere, find the holes we already have dug for fresh dirt and throw some on the tranny if you rut it out. be responsible for yourself out there and respect the trails and its easy to gain respect from the people that have been doing this for 20+ years.
springs here mf'ers lets have a rad season here in CT!

If it makes you feel better i stacked and slapped the lip on the dirty hippy post-sending.

what would make me feel better is if when people sold a used frame they told the buyer about the broken axle tensioner bolt on the rear swingarm

Sounds like there’s a lot of total deuches out there who just wanna get some $ rather be concerned with peoples safety. Sucks man..

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 5:29 Quote
bstdwgn wrote:
whitebullit wrote:
ctbiker888 wrote:


If it makes you feel better i stacked and slapped the lip on the dirty hippy post-sending.

what would make me feel better is if when people sold a used frame they told the buyer about the broken axle tensioner bolt on the rear swingarm

Sounds like there’s a lot of total deuches out there who just wanna get some $ rather be concerned with peoples safety. Sucks man..

+1 welcome to new england!

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 17:10 Quote
Popped up on my Facebook memory shit

5 years ago, volunteer dig day at powder ridge




Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 17:39 Quote
trumbullhucker55 wrote:
Popped up on my Facebook memory shit

5 years ago, volunteer dig day at powder ridge




Will Dirtsculpt be paid in hotdogs too?

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 15:07 Quote
Powder ridge posted an Instagram picture of building up rossignol demo bikes. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm a little out of the loop these days but didn't even know rossignol made bikes

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 17:24 Quote
boogaloo77 wrote:
Powder ridge posted an Instagram picture of building up rossignol demo bikes. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm a little out of the loop these days but didn't even know rossignol made bikes

I had to google it when I saw it, sounds like they’re basically Felts.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 21:08 Quote
It looks kinda like something diamondback would make


 
Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025967
Mobile Version of Website