CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 10:13 Quote
freeridejerk888 wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Who do you guys go to for suspension service around here? My marzocchi 66s need new seals and oil.

No one anywhere will have thoose. You can look up marzocchi mark (hippie tech suspension) and ask him

There’s no one in Connecticut that will service zocchis?

I’d rather support local business. I know about mark and what he does is great, but I would rather not pay to ship it back and forth.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 11:16 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Who do you guys go to for suspension service around here? My marzocchi 66s need new seals and oil.

Have you contacted Mike at CFM Cycles?

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 14:15 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:

No one anywhere will have thoose. You can look up marzocchi mark (hippie tech suspension) and ask him

There’s no one in Connecticut that will service zocchis?

I’d rather support local business. I know about mark and what he does is great, but I would rather not pay to ship it back and forth.

Honestly just do it yourself if you really wanna keep such an old fork going

Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 17:51 Quote
Why not? It works fine. The seals just weep slightly.

Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 19:39 Quote
Maybe try the guy who runs Avalanche?

Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 20:34 Quote
Does he service non avalanche products? I’d love to check that shop out regardless. No info on his website about servicing non ava

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 4:09 Quote
Replacing seals and oil on a 66 is a really simple job. A lot of shops can probably do it for you. As someone else said, try hitting up CFM Cycles in Coventry.

Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
I had an awkward experience with him a few years ago lol. I was set to purchase a ns fuzz thru him and it took him like 3 weeks to get back to me on pricing in the off season, so I went else where to buy the bike. I hope I didn’t piss him off Frown

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 12:33 Quote
Well the seals and oil are straightforward on that fork, shouldn’t be hard to find a shop who will do it

Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 13:47 Quote
There’s also the old 6 pack of beer and a YouTube video approach. Someone’s gotta have documented rebuilding one of those before

Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 20:55 Quote
I think I might just try to do it myself. It can’t be that hard and I’d save a hundred dollas

Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 12:09 Quote
If you built a PC, then you can do 66 seals and oil

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 14:53 Quote
trumbullhucker55 wrote:
If you built a PC, then you can do 66 seals and oil

Posted: Nov 24, 2018 at 12:06 Quote
Topekoms26 wrote:
Finally found a ct page..........I want fun trails like the hidden features off rt.11 and the slowly diminishing F/R spots scattered around......I have small trails on some private land but i can only build so much so fast....I need real jumps and drops....ladder bridges..skinnies......

Rockland
Case
Trumbull
Bluff point
The list goes on but I need trails and stunts that my wife won't ridw with me.......Wer they at

Willimantic skateparks dirtjumps are in my shovels crosshairs when I'm not busy at work

Couple shorter distance big hit lines at Grayville.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 13:45 Quote
Rockland is more xc. It's actually pretty boring to ride. Trumbull has the more freeride stuff but it needs some work done

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011706
Mobile Version of Website