CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 15:45 Quote
I would go to rockland

Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 16:07 Quote
I wish Connecticut had shuttle style trails like in vancouver. Like pedal all the way up and it’s all downhill for the rest. I know we’re still pretty lucky with the trails we have, but eh. I like variety.

Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 17:53 Quote
freeridejerk888 wrote:
Rockland is more xc. It's actually pretty boring to ride. Trumbull has the more freeride stuff but it needs some work done

Agreed. Much more of a family friendly type place.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 19:32 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
I wish Connecticut had shuttle style trails like in vancouver. Like pedal all the way up and it’s all downhill for the rest. I know we’re still pretty lucky with the trails we have, but eh. I like variety.

Omg I've wished that for ever. We have nothing like that.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 21:06 Quote
We have nothing like that because there is hardly any elevation gain in CT unfortunately. Closest thing was probably Mesh back when it was a functioning trail network like 10 years ago and honestly it was still a fully pedal-able ride sans shuttle (but let’s be real why would you ever pedal when a shuttle is available). Even then your gain/loss wasn’t even all that much.

Wish we did though, it’d certainly be a nice variety in addition to any riding spots here. Been heading across 84 into NY for my pedal rides as of recent.

Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 22:20 Quote
I mean there are some places in ct where it would be kinda doable, but there’s no trails/ it’s private land. There’s f*cking huge hills all along side the Merrit parkway, but it’s govt land I’m sure.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 5:32 Quote
Funny enough there's a trail in super shitty trout brook where you can do that

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 6:05 Quote
freeridejerk888 wrote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof.

That place is like a bar fight when you go ride in there.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 7:41 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof.

That place is like a bar fight when you go ride in there.

Hahah. How do you mean?

Posted: Nov 29, 2018 at 6:03 Quote
yzedf wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:
Rockland is more xc. It's actually pretty boring to ride. Trumbull has the more freeride stuff but it needs some work done

I don’t know where the Trumbull stuff is I moved last year and haven’t found the good stuff yet. Any good spots?

Posted: Nov 29, 2018 at 10:27 Quote
tr1stan2 wrote:
yzedf wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:

I don’t know where the Trumbull stuff is I moved last year and haven’t found the good stuff yet. Any good spots?
weather permitting

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 10:18 Quote
Indian ledge park is the technical name of the spot everyone rides. It’s just west of hwy 25, usually park in the commuter lot at the end of Park St. it connects up to old mine park, however all the fun stuff is in Indian Ledge

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 11:37 Quote
This brings back memories. I grew up in Connecticut, went to UConn, blah, blah, blah. Moved to the SF Bay Area 15 years ago. I cut my teeth riding XC in Burlington (Nassahegan in particular). When we felt adventerous (i.e. if someone had enough gas in their car to leave Burlington) we would ride WH Res, Tyler Mill and Gay City SP and probably some others that I can't remember. I really miss the rocky, rooty, wet, east cost single-track.

Now that I'm in California it's more like climbing for 90 minutes to 2 hours up a fire road then having a glorious 30 minute downhill. Out here we go 9 months without rain (hence all the wildfires) so the trails are dry and dusty. A good mix of fire roads and singletrack. It's also cool being 3 hours from Tahoe because riding the Flume Trail is something every rider should do at least once.

But I digress....

Connecticut was a great place to grow up in the 70s and 80s and it was a great place to learn to ride a MTB. Very fond memories.

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 0:35 Quote
Hey guys, looking for an entry level bike for a buddy. perferably around 500 bucks. Not picky on brand or anything, just would prefer it to have disc brakes. old or new, doesnt matter.

If you have an old back up bike laying around and would like it to go to a good home, and also put a bit of cash in your pocket, I'm open to all offers!

Hes 5'11 and around 190 pounds, so size large is pretty necessary.

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 5:11 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Hey guys, looking for an entry level bike for a buddy. perferably around 500 bucks. Not picky on brand or anything, just would prefer it to have disc brakes. old or new, doesnt matter.

If you have an old back up bike laying around and would like it to go to a good home, and also put a bit of cash in your pocket, I'm open to all offers!

Hes 5'11 and around 190 pounds, so size large is pretty necessary.

I don't know of anything off hand... Have you checked the Northeast Classifieds group of facebook?

(obligatory I've got a bike for triple that price for sale in a size Large that's not entry level)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011268
Mobile Version of Website