CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
stonant wrote:
appreciate the one guys constant posting about how bikes and other things are gay and 29ers are gay but he rides a fatbike.
Looks like he has quite a few bikes ????

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 18:53 Quote
stonant wrote:
appreciate the one guys constant posting about how bikes and other things are gay and 29ers are gay but he rides a fatbike.

how else you gonna ride year round in NE? thats some alpha male shit, takes a man to ride year round, makes sense betas ride 29ers, gotta try and compensate somewhere.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
Mod, why not just "remove" the users from this thread and leave the mature ones on here to have civil conversations and share info on Ct riding?

markholloway wrote:
Warning!!

It is very rare that we step in and comment on a thread over content/context issues, but some of the wording used over the last few pages goes a little over the line (which is very high on PB). We are not calling any one individual out, but the thread as a whole.

All we ask is that the thread tones it down a bit. This is the one and only warning, if this thread pops up on our radar again it will be automatically closed.

Please be respectful to everyone and keep the derogatory remarks out of the conversation.

PBstaff.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
I've been following "Tyler mill mojntain bikers" on FB and whomever is running that page is on top of stuff happening there. it opens this Sat and a new trail map is being update. just remember that there is a family fun hike day happeneing from 1-3 on sat so ride early if anyone is headed out there to check it out. I'll be there bright and early to avoid the hikers.

boogaloo77 wrote:
surfhard987 wrote:
boogaloo77 wrote:
I gotta say I heard about the original thread and wondered how bad it could be but now I see it. Y’all gotta chill out. Can we all hate on something we agree about?

Tyler mill is “officially open” again and I havnt been in yet but I know the people that were cutting the storm damage were not mountain bike riders. How bad is it gonna be? I miss the old days in there

That same lady that hated bikers probably insisted they leave enough logs in the way to make it not fun for us

I went to the town meeting the other night and per Diane *eyeroll* they sent a mountain biker through and the rider determined it was rideable *eyeroll*. I live literally across the street from the park and I’d still rather load my bike up and go to millers or rockland/ pisgah. It’s a shame.

I tried reaching out to help them build trail a while back and they wernt really into it so it’s not even worth trying either.

Maybe some day

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
There’s a trail build day at paugusset this upcoming weekend I believe for all of those who live/ride in that area.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
bigbird wrote:
I've been following "Tyler mill mojntain bikers" on FB and whomever is running that page is on top of stuff happening there. it opens this Sat and a new trail map is being update. just remember that there is a family fun hike day happeneing from 1-3 on sat so ride early if anyone is headed out there to check it out. I'll be there bright and early to avoid the hikers.

boogaloo77 wrote:
surfhard987 wrote:

That same lady that hated bikers probably insisted they leave enough logs in the way to make it not fun for us

I went to the town meeting the other night and per Diane *eyeroll* they sent a mountain biker through and the rider determined it was rideable *eyeroll*. I live literally across the street from the park and I’d still rather load my bike up and go to millers or rockland/ pisgah. It’s a shame.

I tried reaching out to help them build trail a while back and they wernt really into it so it’s not even worth trying either.

Maybe some day

Hmm that’s good to know about Facebook. I’ve not got one so I can’t look it up but it’s cool to know there is active rider interest. Thanks!

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
markholloway wrote:
Warning!!

It is very rare that we step in and comment on a thread over content/context issues, but some of the wording used over the last few pages goes a little over the line (which is very high on PB). We are not calling any one individual out, but the thread as a whole.

All we ask is that the thread tones it down a bit. This is the one and only warning, if this thread pops up on our radar again it will be automatically closed.

Please be respectful to everyone and keep the derogatory remarks out of the conversation.

PBstaff.
dammmnn it just got real

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
Mods back in the CT forums? CT is officially BACK on PB's radar my dudes. Let's go!

eBikes for everyone. Beacon/Ninham/Trumbull/Nepaug/Rockland hot laps all mem day weekend with e bikes and coolers of budweiser, book it (kidding)

That being said i just got back from a week in BC and the amount of shredders absolutely BURNING back woods laps makes me very interested in the potential idea of owning one. Don't necessarily have the money to fund one nor any place to ride it around here (Beacon/Ninham/Trumbull/Nepaug/Rockland (still kidding)) but imagine how many more descents you can get in at a place with fire road climbs. Sure ebikes might be frowned upon by people but more descents seems more fun in my book. Less tired, more miles, more descents = winning.

Dudes of the forums, especially the ones being called into question by the mods, hate all you want. I could not care less. But as someone who follows the cycling industry I will share a big note:
eBikes are coming... they are outselling the HELL out of acoustic bikes (analog, naturally aspirated, pedal bikes, etc.) across the world, and there is nothing we can do but sit back and watch it happen in north america as well. And as you know. Lots of places have bans on e bikes, which is totally cool, but dont expect that to hold up long term.

@hawskill. If i can procure you an e bike to ride will you get back into Mountain biking ? Asking for a friend.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 19:07 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
Mods back in the CT forums? CT is officially BACK on PB's radar my dudes. Let's go!

eBikes for everyone. Beacon/Ninham/Trumbull/Nepaug/Rockland hot laps all mem day weekend with e bikes and coolers of budweiser, book it (kidding)

That being said i just got back from a week in BC and the amount of shredders absolutely BURNING back woods laps makes me very interested in the potential idea of owning one. Don't necessarily have the money to fund one nor any place to ride it around here (Beacon/Ninham/Trumbull/Nepaug/Rockland (still kidding)) but imagine how many more descents you can get in at a place with fire road climbs. Sure ebikes might be frowned upon by people but more descents seems more fun in my book. Less tired, more miles, more descents = winning.

Dudes of the forums, especially the ones being called into question by the mods, hate all you want. I could not care less. But as someone who follows the cycling industry I will share a big note:
eBikes are coming... they are outselling the HELL out of acoustic bikes (analog, naturally aspirated, pedal bikes, etc.) across the world, and there is nothing we can do but sit back and watch it happen in north america as well. And as you know. Lots of places have bans on e bikes, which is totally cool, but dont expect that to hold up long term.

@hawskill. If i can procure you an e bike to ride will you get back into Mountain biking ? Asking for a friend.

*[sponsored post from the bike industry]

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 19:15 Quote
in what alternate universe are E bikes outselling traditional bikes?????

who the f*ck can afford an E bike anyway? shits start at 6 grand for any decent one

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 6:30 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:

I’d suggest demoing one before you give them so much praise. In my experience, the whole “don’t do much work to get to the top” followed by the cumbersome ride of a 50lb+ boat downhill is not as exciting as the bike industry wants you to believe

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
yzedf wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:
Local shop is having e bike demos soon with a lot of different ines. Where can you go without someone trying to fight you

New York. Graham has some great trails for both tech climbing and DH stuff.

Graham Hills Park?

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 17:17 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:

Nah I ain’t no bitch or dentist...

Whoever this mod is we ain’t scared I’ll fight Sherbet again... atleast he was a real mod pre paysite pb

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020830
Mobile Version of Website