CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Author Message
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
fuzzhead45 wrote:
I’d suggest demoing one before you give them so much praise. In my experience, the whole “don’t do much work to get to the top” followed by the cumbersome ride of a 50lb+ boat downhill is not as exciting as the bike industry wants you to believe


Sounds like f*cking piss

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
fuzzhead45 wrote:
ctbiker888 wrote:
That being said i just got back from a week in BC and the amount of shredders absolutely BURNING back woods laps makes me very interested in the potential idea of owning one. Don't necessarily have the money to fund one nor any place to ride it around here (Beacon/Ninham/Trumbull/Nepaug/Rockland (still kidding)) but imagine how many more descents you can get in at a place with fire road climbs. Sure ebikes might be frowned upon by people but more descents seems more fun in my book. Less tired, more miles, more descents = winning.
.

I’d suggest demoing one before you give them so much praise. In my experience, the whole “don’t do much work to get to the top” followed by the cumbersome ride of a 50lb+ boat downhill is not as exciting as the bike industry wants you to believe

I just did and it wasn't cumbersome and it was prolly one of the most fun rides I've ever had bike had great spec too

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
I guess everyone has different experiences. I demoed a pivot shuttle, easily the best spec’d bike I have ever ridden. I was pedaling up some super steep trails sitting in my seat with my dropper post down, which to some might sound awesome, but to me just felt like riding an electric scooter. On the downs the bike just felt like a plow, the fork would collapse on anything big because of the weight of the bike and bringing up the pressure made it really harsh. It definitely felt like they were using a suspension on a vehicle that wasn’t designed for that vehicle, maybe e-bike specific suspension could cure this?

After riding one I’d also say I don’t understand why “pedal assist” and “throttle” bikes are separated. In boost mode it took almost no effort on my part to get the full power out of the motor, which is way higher than my average power output. If we are going to try and say e-bikes are for the disabled/out of shape/elderly, a throttle would allow even more people to ride than a pedal assist system.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
yzedf wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:
Local shop is having e bike demos soon with a lot of different ines. Where can you go without someone trying to fight you

New York. Graham has some great trails for both tech climbing and DH stuff.

Graham Hills Park?

Yes, park at the lot off Rte 117, it's across the street from Pace University entrance 2. Make sure to find the Red trail and have fun!

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 22:47 Quote
E bikes are banned at case right?

Saw some chumbo on a Levo flying up the fire road off line street :[

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
if you cant ride the same trail as everyone else has for over 20 years than maybe its time to sell the mountain bike and get some spandex and try the road. the braiding is terrible in trumbull, please anyone that sees an exposed braided trail just block it off as best as you can. and if youre the loser who is braiding its time to stop, if i catch anyone braiding a trail youre gonna have a really bad ride after that. youve been fairly warned.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
whitebullit wrote:
if you cant ride the same trail as everyone else has for over 20 years than maybe its time to sell the mountain bike and get some spandex and try the road. the braiding is terrible in trumbull, please anyone that sees an exposed braided trail just block it off as best as you can. and if youre the loser who is braiding its time to stop, if i catch anyone braiding a trail youre gonna have a really bad ride after that. youve been fairly warned.

It won’t work, we tried to block a braid on cheese grater in Westwood for a solid 6 months, your gunna lose. Also you gotta realize many people won’t know the braid from the og trail... it isn’t a good practice to be an a*shole.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 3:25 Quote
hawskill wrote:
whitebullit wrote:
if you cant ride the same trail as everyone else has for over 20 years than maybe its time to sell the mountain bike and get some spandex and try the road. the braiding is terrible in trumbull, please anyone that sees an exposed braided trail just block it off as best as you can. and if youre the loser who is braiding its time to stop, if i catch anyone braiding a trail youre gonna have a really bad ride after that. youve been fairly warned.

It won’t work, we tried to block a braid on cheese grater in Westwood for a solid 6 months, your gunna lose. Also you gotta realize many people won’t know the braid from the og trail... it isn’t a good practice to be an a*shole.

You make a good point. You can’t tell the OG line from the dumb down line. Now there is a wide blown out trail instead of single track. I’m sure we can all agree single track is better than a big mess of crap. Shouldn’t there be just one line? The OGs are going to fight the new line and vice versa. Why do the people who have ridden there (or anywhere) for decades have to suffer, because someone thinks the trail should go a different way? Then it sucks for everyone. The hikers, town locals, are complaining, to the park and rec department, about how the trails are getting wider because of mounting bikers. They saw a guy unblocking braids. Just ride the trails the way they are.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
muddysocks wrote:
hawskill wrote:
whitebullit wrote:
if you cant ride the same trail as everyone else has for over 20 years than maybe its time to sell the mountain bike and get some spandex and try the road. the braiding is terrible in trumbull, please anyone that sees an exposed braided trail just block it off as best as you can. and if youre the loser who is braiding its time to stop, if i catch anyone braiding a trail youre gonna have a really bad ride after that. youve been fairly warned.

It won’t work, we tried to block a braid on cheese grater in Westwood for a solid 6 months, your gunna lose. Also you gotta realize many people won’t know the braid from the og trail... it isn’t a good practice to be an a*shole.

You make a good point. You can’t tell the OG line from the dumb down line. Now there is a wide blown out trail instead of single track. I’m sure we can all agree single track is better than a big mess of crap. Shouldn’t there be just one line? The OGs are going to fight the new line and vice versa. Why do the people who have ridden there (or anywhere) for decades have to suffer, because someone thinks the trail should go a different way? Then it sucks for everyone. The hikers, town locals, are complaining, to the park and rec department, about how the trails are getting wider because of mounting bikers. They saw a guy unblocking braids. Just ride the trails the way they are.

Just ride the original line and have a good ride. Remember, you can't fix stupid.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
yzedf wrote:
muddysocks wrote:
hawskill wrote:


It won’t work, we tried to block a braid on cheese grater in Westwood for a solid 6 months, your gunna lose. Also you gotta realize many people won’t know the braid from the og trail... it isn’t a good practice to be an a*shole.

You make a good point. You can’t tell the OG line from the dumb down line. Now there is a wide blown out trail instead of single track. I’m sure we can all agree single track is better than a big mess of crap. Shouldn’t there be just one line? The OGs are going to fight the new line and vice versa. Why do the people who have ridden there (or anywhere) for decades have to suffer, because someone thinks the trail should go a different way? Then it sucks for everyone. The hikers, town locals, are complaining, to the park and rec department, about how the trails are getting wider because of mounting bikers. They saw a guy unblocking braids. Just ride the trails the way they are.

Just ride the original line and have a good ride. Remember, you can't fix stupid.
I don’t want to fix stupid. I want to fix my trails Wink

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
yzedf wrote:
muddysocks wrote:
hawskill wrote:


It won’t work, we tried to block a braid on cheese grater in Westwood for a solid 6 months, your gunna lose. Also you gotta realize many people won’t know the braid from the og trail... it isn’t a good practice to be an a*shole.

You make a good point. You can’t tell the OG line from the dumb down line. Now there is a wide blown out trail instead of single track. I’m sure we can all agree single track is better than a big mess of crap. Shouldn’t there be just one line? The OGs are going to fight the new line and vice versa. Why do the people who have ridden there (or anywhere) for decades have to suffer, because someone thinks the trail should go a different way? Then it sucks for everyone. The hikers, town locals, are complaining, to the park and rec department, about how the trails are getting wider because of mounting bikers. They saw a guy unblocking braids. Just ride the trails the way they are.

Just ride the original line and have a good ride. Remember, you can't fix stupid.

I show up to your local trails I don’t know the original line... am I at fault?

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 3:16 Quote
Absolutely not. Your ride will not be as fun though, instead of tight single track you’ll have 5-6’ wide trails to ride. The people at fault are the people who make the braid and open up blocked trails. We have blocked some original trails just so there would only be one trail and those get reopened too.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 10:36 Quote
hawskill wrote:
yzedf wrote:
muddysocks wrote:


You make a good point. You can’t tell the OG line from the dumb down line. Now there is a wide blown out trail instead of single track. I’m sure we can all agree single track is better than a big mess of crap. Shouldn’t there be just one line? The OGs are going to fight the new line and vice versa. Why do the people who have ridden there (or anywhere) for decades have to suffer, because someone thinks the trail should go a different way? Then it sucks for everyone. The hikers, town locals, are complaining, to the park and rec department, about how the trails are getting wider because of mounting bikers. They saw a guy unblocking braids. Just ride the trails the way they are.

Just ride the original line and have a good ride. Remember, you can't fix stupid.

I show up to your local trails I don’t know the original line... am I at fault?

I don't really care what line you ride. Grayville if you want the 20 year old trails. Mooween if you want something new, but without any big jumps or drops. Case if you want some of each and don't mind dodging hikers.

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
Does anyone know of any good dirt jumps in CT.

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
mtngoat69 wrote:
Does anyone know of any good dirt jumps in CT.
. I wish. Everyone I've seen get taken down by someone


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021205
Mobile Version of Website