CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 16:28 Quote
trumbullhucker55 wrote:
Anyone know of a good shop ( South CT preferably ) that can assemble a 9point8 dropper? I got one disassembled, and the instructions are making my head spin

Have you looked at their videos on YouTube? 9point8ca is the username.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
stonant wrote:
Where in south Ct
I live in Milford and work in Branford

yzedf wrote:
Have you looked at their videos on YouTube? 9point8ca is the username.

Yeah I'm pretty sure those are the vids I have watched.

Depending if the rebuild rates are through the roof...
If so, then I will assemble it

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
[Quote="hawskill"]
freeridejerk888 wrote:
hawskill wrote:
Man has pinkbike sold out... turn off e bike articles...

How much extra did cannondale pay to fight the trolls

Looks like you could really need one bud! Haha. In all honesty they are really really fun. Too bad we live in trail nazi country though.

Would rather not ride then be that lame.[/Quote

Didnt know that, I was told by a few locals that the town of Groton purchased the land.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
DARKSTAR63 wrote:
hawskill wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:

Looks like you could really need one bud! Haha. In all honesty they are really really fun. Too bad we live in trail nazi country though.

Would rather not ride then be that lame.

We know Wink

They are very legit, was also told by a buddy at the LBS the NEMBA was involved with some of the trail work. Not sure if its fact or not.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 4:53 Quote
i believe outdoor sports might, not 100%

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
how is powder ridge? Didnt they hire a DH company to build some stuff?

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
ctmtbgirl wrote:

they hired a bmx dirt jump company (jumps are very poor for big bikes) its okay at best (about may last year i went) lift is painfully slow and the trails are very amateurly built it could be great if they left it open year round and would get some serious traffic in the winter months but with thunder for jumps and creek for rocks so close its a waste of time

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
Anybody been to Powder Ridge this summer? Worth going yet?

(oops... just saw the last post after writing this)

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
ledhead91 wrote:
Anybody been to Powder Ridge this summer? Worth going yet?

(oops... just saw the last post after writing this)

Powder Ridge has done work since last season. Some of the jumps have changed and at least one new trail has been built. I know its not an incredible place but for 30 minutes from my house, its nice to have and if they keep the progress going, it could be really solid.

If you haven't been, you should check it out at least once. Also, they always have a pretty good beer selection at the bar located at the base.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 4:13 Quote
Also they will over serve you at that bar, and you might throw up all over your buddies new truck...

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 16:54 Quote
So back to dirt jump and pump tracks. Where are the closest ones to Fairfield country. I only know of the jumps in Cunningham park in NY.

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 17:53 Quote
freeridejerk888 wrote:
So back to dirt jump and pump tracks. Where are the closest ones to Fairfield country. I only know of the jumps in Cunningham park in NY.

It’s a bit of a drive but Sunday’s are the bigger session day at GMT in Enfield.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 5:42 Quote
nyhc00 wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:

It’s a bit of a drive but Sunday’s are the bigger session day at GMT in Enfield.

I’ve heard of that place seems really big too! If they do any winter sessions I’d love to come check it out

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 21:52 Quote
ctmtbgirl wrote:

Hey hey stranger! Hope all is well! The ridge is no highland, Whistler, Platte or anything other than powder ridge. What it is, imho of riding DH for over 20 years, is not crowded, short runs, not the fastest lift, but pretty fun on a mid travel bike. Like most non pro level trails and parks, the faster you pedal the more fun they are. It is 1/2 hour-ish from my door so spending less time with clowns on the highway and more time laughing with peeps on the lift or in the woods.. time we’ll spent. Certainly worth checking out.

Let me know if you want to give it a go some Sunday, I will grab Craig and meet you there. It has and will continue to get better, as long a slow, small lift doesn’t break the deal.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 21:56 Quote
Heard it rides great on a Purgatory, J Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013131
Mobile Version of Website