CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 22:18 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Heard it rides great on a Purgatory, J Wink
Bro you still have that???? I figured long gone by now... now I am in trouble.... what is the TT length horizontal center of seat tube to car of headtube? When you get a chance.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 22:27 Quote
Got geo charts on my profile in my pics. Text me so were not spamming here lol

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
I'm returning to riding in CT after some time riding elsewhere.

I heard Trumbull sucks these days because there are too many millennial created braids and you can't find your way around?

In other news Wilton Woods is too technical for most pinkbikers, hence whining about it. I forgot to renew my NEMBA membership, can I be a cool kid now that I'm not a member?

Beer Eek lol

[THIS THREAD IS FANTASTIC]

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
It’s probably the geriatric NEMBA folks, not the millennials that are trail
Braiding

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
What about the non-geriatric NEMBA folks?

Those old dudes like fall lines and rocks more than most of the newer riders to the sport. That said are we talking the weekend warrior old dudes or the out there 8-days a week since 1983 old dudes?

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 5:47 Quote
Runerider wrote:

I heard Trumbull sucks these days because there are too many millennial created braids and you can't find your way around?

In other news Wilton Woods is too technical for most pinkbikers, hence whining about it. I forgot to renew my NEMBA membership, can I be a cool kid now that I'm not a member?

Beer Eek lol

Wilton woods lol.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
stonant wrote:
It’s probably the geriatric NEMBA folks, not the millennials that are trail
Braiding
Us old geriatric nemba folk are the ones shutting down the braids. Feel free to contact me if you want to help or see anything that needs work, or anything else about the trails you want to talk about. Once we lock down the braids we can get back to building fun trails. Right now our main problem, concern is shutting down the braids.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
Random tech question: anybody here have experience setting up rear suspension of a downhill bike?
Running a Fox DHX 5.0 with a 9.5 eye to eye and a 3.25 stroke. Current spring is 400 lbs.
Feels entirely way too light. I weigh 225, so thinking more of a 550-600 lb spring? Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 1:35 Quote
LRod1018 wrote:
Random tech question: anybody here have experience setting up rear suspension of a downhill bike?
Running a Fox DHX 5.0 with a 9.5 eye to eye and a 3.25 stroke. Current spring is 400 lbs.
Feels entirely way too light. I weigh 225, so thinking more of a 550-600 lb spring? Any help would be much appreciated.
That spring is much to soft for you, I am 205 and ran a 650 before I switched to an air shock.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 1:52 Quote
LRod1018 wrote:

As a point of reference, I weigh 185lbs and run a 450 spring on my trail bike and 500 on my park bike.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 4:43 Quote
Please keep in mind just because you’re X weight does not mean you should run X spring.

You should factor in leverage curve/progression, sag, and of course overall comfort for the bike as all bikes suspension kinematics are different.

If 400 feels way too light I would jump straight to 600. Assuming DH bike (9.5x3.0 , your spring probably says 3.25 as that’s the spring stroke length. Don’t think I’ve ever heard of an actual 3.25 stroked shock)

However. This is a good opportunity to call around to shops and see who has coils kicking around. You can go in and try some for an actual result , instead of relying on opinions of the internet.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
Runerider wrote:

Beer Eek lol

It is not all millennials creating the braids, only the ones that can’t ride

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
Armando27 wrote:
Runerider wrote:

Beer Eek lol

It is not all millennials creating the braids, only the ones that can’t ride

Dont worry bud your too young to be a millennial. Were 38 to 23.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010613
Mobile Version of Website