CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 18:33 Quote
Not that anyone cares, but i truly love riding in CT. There was a time that i thought it sucked too, until you realize how unique our terrain is. it clicks once you understand how to find your flow despite the tech and short descents. And i really appreciate the builders and work that goes on in trumbull. Trumbull is the reason i started mountain biking in the first place! Ill admit im guilty of not helping with maintenance on the features, mostly because i dont feel as i have the right. But i find joy in doing what i can to clean up the trails (stick clearing, litter, etc.) anyways, i agree, just ride your bike and don’t complain. The woods is our escape, lets keep it that way

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 12:26 Quote
niceshox wrote:
Not that anyone cares, but i truly love riding in CT. There was a time that i thought it sucked too, until you realize how unique our terrain is. it clicks once you understand how to find your flow despite the tech and short descents. And i really appreciate the builders and work that goes on in trumbull. Trumbull is the reason i started mountain biking in the first place! Ill admit im guilty of not helping with maintenance on the features, mostly because i dont feel as i have the right. But i find joy in doing what i can to clean up the trails (stick clearing, litter, etc.) anyways, i agree, just ride your bike and don’t complain. The woods is our escape, lets keep it that way

I'm originally from the Danbury area and now live in Greater Boston. I always love coming home to ride Farrington, Huntington, Rockhouse, and Waldo. It would be nice to have more options but I understand things are tight in CT. As for trail maintenance, I'd kill for some time with a shovel and rack to help but I haven't found opportunities to do so. Not sure where postings for volunteer time are usually posted?

Edit: I keep hearing Trumbull, what is worth hitting up down there?

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 5:32 Quote
neatoneto wrote:
niceshox wrote:

I'm originally from the Danbury area and now live in Greater Boston. I always love coming home to ride Farrington, Huntington, Rockhouse, and Waldo. It would be nice to have more options but I understand things are tight in CT. As for trail maintenance, I'd kill for some time with a shovel and rack to help but I haven't found opportunities to do so. Not sure where postings for volunteer time are usually posted?

nothing, go back to boston.

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 5:50 Quote
make case mountain great again

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 6:48 Quote
neatoneto wrote:
niceshox wrote:

Lots of nice guys from trumbull (honestly everyone I’ve met here has been great. Met some really cool dude with a bike Dvo fork on a knolls) just a lot of asses on this page. It’s a fun place. Up and down no real descents lots of hidden gnarly drops. Some great some awful. Worth the trip for sure if it’s not terribly far. Lots and lots and lots of random trails so go with somone who knows it

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 8:37 Quote
ghsteen wrote:

yes!!! Are you the guys who built that?

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 8:53 Quote
dualcrownscottspark wrote:

yes!!! Are you the guys who built that?

Batman

Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 20:51 Quote
ghsteen wrote:

That looks sweet

Posted: Feb 26, 2022 at 13:49 Quote
any trails open down in ct? thinking of heading south next weekend. not sure of the conditions down there right now

Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 3:25 Quote
jsenoauex wrote:
any trails open down in ct? thinking of heading south next weekend. not sure of the conditions down there right now

Right now there is snow on the ground in most places. I expect by the shore it is better, so I’d recommend bluff point.

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 15:54 Quote
Go rip Westwood’s

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 9:18 Quote
Well, I just joined this site and it seems the forums in the mountain bike world aren't any different then the rest of them. Just a gigantic pissing match.

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 9:53 Quote
bikerman9967 wrote:
Well, I just joined this site and it seems the forums in the mountain bike world aren't any different then the rest of them. Just a gigantic pissing match.

Pretty much, welcome to hell.

This is v.3 of the CT forum over the last 15 years. Since the beginning it's been a cesspool of personalities. Some good, some bad, some young, some old crusty dudes who think they're superior but there are running side bets on when they'll be banned.

Overall, the Jelly Llama is a supreme being, and the best trails in CT are the ones in Rockland but only if you ride an ebike.

But seriously, welcome ? I guess collectively we should embrace with open arms. Better brush up on your sarcasm and take everything with a grain of salt. This is Connecticut elitism at its finest.

Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 6:23 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
bikerman9967 wrote:

This is v.3 of the CT forum over the last 15 years. Since the beginning it's been a cesspool of personalities. Some good, some bad, some young, some old crusty dudes who think they're superior but there are running side bets on when they'll be banned.

Overall, the Jelly Llama is a supreme being, and the best trails in CT are the ones in Rockland but only if you ride an ebike.

But seriously, welcome ? I guess collectively we should embrace with open arms. Better brush up on your sarcasm and take everything with a grain of salt. This is Connecticut elitism at its finest.

Hey thanks for the welcome. I joined only to check out classifieds and then found the forum. I'm looking into mountain biking again for the first time in 23ish years. Just to get some simple exercise, but these costs are not what I remember HA. As far as sarcasm, I have my share, but I'm pretty tapped out as far as online arguments. Ill just watch with my popcorn.

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 6:05 Quote
bikerman9967 wrote:
ctbiker888 wrote:
bikerman9967 wrote:

Hey thanks for the welcome. I joined only to check out classifieds and then found the forum. I'm looking into mountain biking again for the first time in 23ish years. Just to get some simple exercise, but these costs are not what I remember HA. As far as sarcasm, I have my share, but I'm pretty tapped out as far as online arguments. Ill just watch with my popcorn.

The cost is what you make it, once upon a time I used to have a lot of fun on a full rigid singlespeed with a fixed seat post.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008210
Mobile Version of Website