CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 19:42 Quote
Ctk11 wrote:
Does powder ridge let you ride their trails if you climb up to the top. Wondering if it's worth the man power to take a trip.

No. Absolutely not. Run while you still can. Stay FAR away from the ridge.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 20:01 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
Ctk11 wrote:
Does powder ridge let you ride their trails if you climb up to the top. Wondering if it's worth the man power to take a trip.

pretty sure the website says you can

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 1:34 Quote
boogaloo77 wrote:
I'm all for benifit rides, but some of the requirements are too much for me. I looked into doing the Yale closer to free ride last year and was all for it until I saw the minimum requirements for fundraising. Maybe I'm just selfish, but somebody who is willing to kick in $50 bucks to help the cause shouldn't be denied because they havnt reached the minimums. $50 is $50 dollars and everything helps. That's just my opinion though. Maybe I'm wrong here

You can be a marshal if your interested in being a part of the ride. No fee to pay, no money to raise, just ride the course and help people fix flats, broken chains, or help motivate them through the ride. I'm pretty sure if you miss your goal you can still do the ride.

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 3:01 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
ctbiker888 wrote:
Ctk11 wrote:

You're more than welcome to hike a bike it. I was saying just run far away from that place, as it's not worth anyone's time of day

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 4:18 Quote
Havent opened the link yet but is it for the benefit of powder ridge itself or an actual charity?

edit: for charity

On a related note we checked out the top of their 3 dh trails a few weeks back while they were still very rough cut (piles of dirt kinda rough), could be fun but they definitely fit the definition of flow trails

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 4:21 Quote
muddysocks wrote:
boogaloo77 wrote:
I'm all for benifit rides, but some of the requirements are too much for me. I looked into doing the Yale closer to free ride last year and was all for it until I saw the minimum requirements for fundraising. Maybe I'm just selfish, but somebody who is willing to kick in $50 bucks to help the cause shouldn't be denied because they havnt reached the minimums. $50 is $50 dollars and everything helps. That's just my opinion though. Maybe I'm wrong here

You can be a marshal if your interested in being a part of the ride. No fee to pay, no money to raise, just ride the course and help people fix flats, broken chains, or help motivate them through the ride. I'm pretty sure if you miss your goal you can still do the ride.
Interesting. I may have to look into this as another option. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 6:58 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:
ctbiker888 wrote:

You're more than welcome to hike a bike it. I was saying just run far away from that place, as it's not worth anyone's time of day

Hacks. Pass.

Posted: Apr 21, 2016 at 17:12 Quote
Does anybody know if thunder ridge NY has bike trails. That's pretty close and I feel like it has more potential than not.

Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 16:29 Quote
Ctk11 wrote:
Does anybody know if thunder ridge NY has bike trails. That's pretty close and I feel like it has more potential than not.
As far as I know they don't have any bike trails. One of the guys I ride with gets a ski seasons pass for him and his little guy and he's never mentioned it. I also drive by frequently for work and have seen no signs of biking there.
I'd think Bosquet up in Pittsfield would be pretty good. I used to ski up the and the terrain has great potential and at least a decent amount of elevation.

Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 18:39 Quote
lifeofloon wrote:
Ctk11 wrote:
As far as I know they don't have any bike trails. One of the guys I ride with gets a ski seasons pass for him and his little guy and he's never mentioned it. I also drive by frequently for work and have seen no signs of biking there.
I'd think Bosquet up in Pittsfield would be pretty good. I used to ski up the and the terrain has great potential and at least a decent amount of elevation.
That's near thunder mountain bike park right? I hear they actaully have some terrain. Like highland but smaller. Could be a major destination in a year ya?

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 4:14 Quote
Bosquet is right of route 7 and about an hour from Thunder Mountain.

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 7:16 Quote
Anybody know any dirt jump trails in the state? I have a dj bike and only really ride it at bmx tracks, I'm willing to help dig

Posted: May 4, 2016 at 7:42 Quote
nfontanella wrote:
Anybody know any dirt jump trails in the state? I have a dj bike and only really ride it at bmx tracks, I'm willing to help dig

Bleak profile, seems like the Trail FedsBeer

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 8:53 Quote
Hey guys. Gunns head over to Indian legde soon. Anyone want to join?

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 11:27 Quote
Anyone have a video of the updated Salvation trail at Mountain Creek?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006514
Mobile Version of Website