DHX 5.0 AIR spraying oil from shrader valve?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
DHX 5.0 AIR spraying oil from shrader valve?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 at 18:36 Quote
So i just got this bike. I go to adjust the pressure in the main chamber and when i unscrew the shock pump a bit of oil sprays out on my hand and air is leaking out as well. As soon as i get the shrader cap back on there is no sign of leaking oil or air. Anyone familiar with this issue? Im guessing some kind of seal is out? Any help is appreciated. Smile

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 9:41 Quote
and to clarify, the oil is coming out of the shrader valve itself on the main air can.

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 10:08 Quote
Sounds like a seal has blown to me , time to send it for a service/repair I think

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 15:08 Quote
lots of oil?

remove the valve and try another one, might be a bit of debris stopping it closing fully, do an aircan service as well

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 23:19 Quote
iffoverload wrote:
lots of oil?

remove the valve and try another one, might be a bit of debris stopping it closing fully, do an aircan service as well

no very little oil actually. i removed the cap again today and it sprayed out even less today. Is it normal for any amount of oil to come out of it? My gut says no.

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 1:34 Quote
there is usually a few cc of oil in the air can to lubricate the seals, if it were dry they would wear out rapidly.

fox guides here

non official guide here

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 15:28 Quote
thank you iffoverload

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 5:39 Quote
Neely wrote:
thank you iffoverload

Salute

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017972
Mobile Version of Website