Broken leg...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 at 4:58 Quote
i broke my leg 4 weeks ago, and i should be free of my cast 2 weeks today, hopping back on my bike isn't guna happen, but if anyone has any experience in breaking their leg and getting back on a bike i'd really appreciate your experience...

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.patient.co.uk/images/I77_L.JPG
for those interested i broke my fibula when i put my foot down on an off camber surface Frown be careful out there guys!

Posted: Aug 26, 2012 at 12:03 Quote
6 years ago I snapped my femur on a tree. No cast for me I got titanium. A rod down the center of my bone, screws at the bottom and a bolt at the top. I was out 4 months. The only thing that is going to get you back on a bike is serious rehab. DO the exercises necessary to rebuilt your muscles and regain proper balance. Rehab, rehab and more rehab. Best of luck! Heal soon!

Posted: Aug 26, 2012 at 12:16 Quote
kinda same for me but i broke my ankle and ripped my inner ligament on my right foot

had a tempo cast for a week then a normal hardened cast for about 3months
within the 3rd week of having my normal cast on i was biking to work on it ahaha but when i got it off my foot was knackered as it hadn't moved for months so if was mega stiff but 9 hours of physio got my ankle back up to strength again and its all good now

i broke it by doing a whip over a 12ft double i thought ide go one up and one foot whip it i dis-mounted mid air and landed feet first and rolled so i didnt mess myself up BUT i landed on my foot and it bent inwards and it just snapped on me,...swelled up straight away like a potato but i biked home on it (5miles) and realised the damage when i got home and the adrenaline wore off and it hurt like a bitch

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2012 at 16:48 Quote
If its any consolation a broken fibula is not the worst thing you could have happen. I snapped my tibia and fibula last year and trust me, the tibia is a bitch to heal so as lame as it is, consider yourself lucky. Check out mybrokenleg.com, it is a wealth of information to get you through. Take all of your supplements, calcium, zinc etc. For me as soon as I was able to stand on my crutches for more than 5 minutes without passing out from the pain I was on the exercise bike spinning with my good leg and my bad leg tied onto the pedal. Blood flow will increase the healing rate.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009285
Mobile Version of Website