2012 fox 40 vs. 2012 boxxer world cup?

PB Forum :: Downhill
2012 fox 40 vs. 2012 boxxer world cup?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 18:04 Quote
Ive got a 2012 kashima fox 40, but have been considering selling and getting a 2012 boxxer world cup. anyone who has ridden both give me your opinion, pros and cons and stuff. thanks

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 11:01 Quote
What kind of tracks do you ride? are you a racer? do you know what the adjustments do to the ride of your existing fork?

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 17:01 Quote
peaz23 wrote:
What kind of tracks do you ride? are you a racer? do you know what the adjustments do to the ride of your existing fork?
yes i do, id say more so racer, but i like jumps

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 21:42 Quote
40's def have better small bump compliance than the boxxer which can help with traction and fatigue especially on long tracks or long lift days. Fox damping is very good and has much more range than the boxxers r2c2. i run a boxxer wc with an elka damper which is great on short steep rocky rutty gnar but super high speed roads with brake ruts tend to rattle my hands since the boxxer wc's have way more stiction. after quite a bit of adjusting ive been able to dial the wc in and quite enjoy it when i have time to re-lube the seals and bushings. the 40 is going to have a better feel with out quite as much maintenance and by that i mean if you didnt work on either one ever the 40 would feel better.

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 22:04 Quote
Boxxer has no small bump compliance to speak of. Feels horrible when you ride slow, nothing amazing on wide open, fast sections. Brake bumps will rattle your hands something fierce.

However

Boxxer WC's feel absolutely incredible when ploughing chop and when riding fast on tech, steep terrain. Best way i can describe it is the Boxxer feels like it deflects up and bounces over rough terrain whereas the 40 rides through it.

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 23:12 Quote
Why you getting rid of your fox 40 for?

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 0:29 Quote
i was debating on a world cup, but now im not haha. thanks guys

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 at 5:08 Quote
Some people need help to set their suspension. When you have an air fork with that much adjustment. Kinda hard not to find a sweet spot

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009599
Mobile Version of Website