Morley Indoor 4X event

PB Forum :: Downhill
Morley Indoor 4X event
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 19:48 Quote
photo

The Alberta Downhill Racing Association along with Bike Bros in Cochrane is proud to be hosting the first indoor MTB 4X event of it's kind on Sunday December 30th. Come and finish off your riding year with an indoor race that will challenge your skills and fitness (maybe it'll help with those New Years resolutions). This will be an all day fun event with prizes generously supplied by Bikes Bros.

There will be a number of events through out the day. To start the day off we'll be holding a clinic for everyone to learn how to gate start. This is probably the most important aspect of 4X racing and learning how is vital. We will follow this up with an open track session so everyone can get used to the track and have some fun. This will be followed by the 4X qualifying and Motos. These races will be restricted to ABA license holders due to the insurance issues. Following the last Moto we are going to run a style session with the riders voting on who can style out the course the best along with some timed sessions though various sections of the track (think pump from a dead stop and you'll get the idea). The Grande Finale will be the soon to be legendary SLOW race. We'll be lining up a full gate of eight riders and the last one to the first corner wins. Elimination will be by contact with other riders or putting a foot down. Should be a fun time. The remainder of the day will be open track bragging rights races. Challenge your buds to some fun racing, no prizes or anything just some good fun.

We will be kicking everything off at 9AM on the 30th. Cost will be $25 for the day, ADHRA members will receive a $10 discount.

We will also be taking new memberships and will have ABA license forms available for you. This year ADHRA is going to offer a full package registration that will include an ADHRA membership, ABA DH/4X license, and an ADHRA T-shirt all for one price. All you have to do is fill out the forms and we'll take care of the logistics of getting you your license.

So come on out on the 30th have some indoor dirt fun in the dead of winter.

Cheers,
Doug

Check out our website for specifics and directions.http://www.freewebs.com/adhra

FL
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 19:58 Quote
Sweet! Wish I could make it, maybe later in the winter when I have a hard tail built up.

Nice work guys, great event!

nate

Mod
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 20:18 Quote
wish I could make. My mountain bike is toast though, and a new one won't be gotten in time. Anyways, the 30th is Christmas Day for my family Smile

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 22:34 Quote
I'd love to do that.. But I live too far away.. and I dont have a 4X bike!

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 22:46 Quote
Sweet...sounds good!

So how should we plan to pay for the new membership and license? Just bring a cheque?

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
Grrrr Doug! I want to come out soooo bad, however I've been scheduled to work that day... Plus I don't have a single bike part yet for my frame haha.

In the new year I'll be there! Also, I put this up on Pain Inc, hope that's cool...

MITCH

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 22:43 Quote
Enjoy everyone! The Track is awesome this year. Hopefully this will spark some increased attendance from the mtn bike community through the winter. Would be nice to get a good crew of racers out on a weekly basis to practice and generally have fun while it's wintery outside.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 6:57 Quote
never wrote:
Sweet...sounds good!

So how should we plan to pay for the new membership and license? Just bring a cheque?

You bet, cheques are the preferred option, No credit or debit available. Cash will work too.

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 10:38 Quote
A truck load of Edmontonians will be there between 9-10. tup

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 15:38 Quote
blindsideripper wrote:
A truck load of Edmontonians will be there between 9-10. tup

Sweet!!

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 16:16 Quote
Sounds great Doug, now ive got to find a way to get a fork for my hardtail, if that happens ill be there, if not definately in 08
Cheers, Rob

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 19:43 Quote
Here's some more info for you all.

There have been questions about licensing for this Sunday. If you have a 2007 ABA license, great, bring it with you and you can race in the 4X. If you don't have a license, don't worry about it, come out anyway. The only event closed to non-licensed riders is the 4X and depending on the numbers it prolly won't last more than an hour. The track is still open after and all the other events are open to all.

REMEMBER...if you're under 18 bring a parent. You don't ride without a parental signature on the waiver.

Also, you need a fullface helmet, long pants and sleeves and gloves, track rules not mine. And if you've got a spare number plate, bring it or we'll make you use one of our ever so swanky paper plates.

One last thing, there is no alcohol of any kind allowed at the track. Morley is a dry reserve and we can cause a huge headache for the track operators if we get caught drinking anywhere out there. So, please leave the beer at home and enjoy it later.

Cheers,
Doug

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 20:13 Quote
bigheaddoug wrote:
Here's some more info for you all.

There have been questions about licensing for this Sunday. If you have a 2007 ABA license, great, bring it with you and you can race in the 4X. If you don't have a license, don't worry about it, come out anyway. The only event closed to non-licensed riders is the 4X and depending on the numbers it prolly won't last more than an hour. The track is still open after and all the other events are open to all.

REMEMBER...if you're under 18 bring a parent. You don't ride without a parental signature on the waiver.

Also, you need a fullface helmet, long pants and sleeves and gloves, track rules not mine. And if you've got a spare number plate, bring it or we'll make you use one of our ever so swanky paper plates.

One last thing, there is no alcohol of any kind allowed at the track. Morley is a dry reserve and we can cause a huge headache for the track operators if we get caught drinking anywhere out there. So, please leave the beer at home and enjoy it later.

Cheers,
Doug

About the number plate, if I'm not going to be racing, do I still need to bring a plate?

And I can forge parental signatures for all of the punks under 18! Wink

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 21:14 Quote
I am choked. cant make it. Shoulder is bummed. I was expecting it to be better by the weekend, but I dont want to re-injure it as its still tender. Ill be there pretty much every weekend in 08 though. MTBers remember that you guys are all welcome to come out each sunday for racing. If there is enough riders, there is a seperate MTB category. Its a super super fun track this year, and will definately get you into shape quick. Its wild. Good times all around.

ty

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 21:21 Quote
Is it a rule we need a hardtail, or can those enough too poor to afford more than one bike bring our dualies along?

Any age limit?

also, will there be more of these events?

Hope to be there, Cheers.

Edit: Am i correct in my thinking that there will be NO indoor 4X in lethbridge this year?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013756
Mobile Version of Website