Norco Team DH/DH/Aline//Atomik 2010/2011 owners thread

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Team DH/DH/Aline//Atomik 2010/2011 owners thread
Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 19:29 Quote
i'm going to talk myself into saint cranks with all these beautiful norco's with saints! lol

Posted: Aug 12, 2012 at 11:24 Quote
the new saint is soooo sweet

cant wait to go for the saint rear shifter and 10-speed, the time i get my norco back

at the moment the vivid blowed of ^^

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 23:43 Quote
I just meant the size of the rear shock, thanks though, I have an almost completely stock Norco DH 2010, if y'all kind folk in this thread could give me ideas as for what to upgrade, it would be a great help, and you will have the honour to see the bike Wink .
Shit Cranks
X-9 Derailleur, X-0 Shifter,
Atlas Raceface Purple bars(Suggest me some)
Direct stem, unknown, will get name tomorrow,
Maxxis DH minion tires,
Boxxer 2010 race w/ World cup compression on it,
Stock rear suspension(Suggest me some)
Elixer 5's(Suggest me some)
Flybikes pedals(Suggest me some
Help someone who sucks at knowing parts out Smile
Price limit for all the things I need is 2000, which should leave everything wide open.

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 23:50 Quote
<Photo does not exist: 6995780>

Except with X-0 and X-9 shifter dérailleur, and better grips.

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 4:38 Quote
Ok here is a few suggestions but parts are down to personal preference really.

Cranks - SRAM XO / Raceface Sixc / Saint
X-9 Derailleur, X-0 Shifter, - XO Derailleur or if buying saint cranks get the saint shifter and derailleur
Atlas Raceface Purple bars(Suggest me some) Id ride renthals and I love them had a crash with them as well so I know there strong. Atlas bars are fine though so are answer. But if you have the money go for carbon bars.
Direct stem, unknown, will get name tomorrow - I run the thomson elite stem and tbh its awesome but so is the renthal stem. If running carbon bars get a carbon specific stem.
Maxxis DH minion tires - these tires are awesome but I run schwalbe muddy marys so there anouther consideration if you want to change.
Boxxer 2010 race w/ World cup compression on it, - Nothing wrong with this at all some say a fox 40 is better but if you change this thats a big lump of your budget gone.
Stock rear suspension(Suggest me some) - Rockshox vivid / cane creek double barrel / Bos Stoy Im going to go air shock soon to drop some weight and for more adjustability.
Elixer 5's(Suggest me some) - Shimano saint 2013 / formula / hope v2's
Flybikes pedals(Suggest me some) Burgtec / straightline / Spank spike / DMR Vault / E-thirteen / HT

2000 will not buy you everything on that list unless you can import the parts super cheap or you know someone who does you discount. I could spend 2000 very easily as your gunna be looking at around 500 just for saint cranks, derailleur, shifter. thats over here anyway. Best bet is to buy second hand if you really want to change the bike.

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 6:21 Quote
Has anyone an actual weight for the Norco DH 2011 frame (without shock or shock mounts)?

I've calculated 4.26kg for a Large, based on the weight of my parts, so it is not a featherweight Eek

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 6:26 Quote
Mexifrenchie wrote:
I just meant the size of the rear shock, thanks though, I have an almost completely stock Norco DH 2010, if y'all kind folk in this thread could give me ideas as for what to upgrade, it would be a great help, and you will have the honour to see the bike Wink .
Shit Cranks
X-9 Derailleur, X-0 Shifter,
Atlas Raceface Purple bars(Suggest me some)
Direct stem, unknown, will get name tomorrow,
Maxxis DH minion tires,
Boxxer 2010 race w/ World cup compression on it,
Stock rear suspension(Suggest me some)
Elixer 5's(Suggest me some)
Flybikes pedals(Suggest me some
Help someone who sucks at knowing parts out Smile
Price limit for all the things I need is 2000, which should leave everything wide open.
This is what I have/will/would go for:

Cranks: Race Face SixC DH / SRAM X0 DH / Shimano Saint
Derailleur: Sram X0 DH or Saint depending on how you like to shift
Bars: Easton Havoc carbon (35 - 800mm or 31.8 - 750mm depending on your preference)
Direct mount stem: Easton Havoc 35 to go with the bar
Tires: Specialized Butcher SX/DH or Minion DHF ST
Fork: Boxxer R2C2 with World Cup air assembly, and Fast Suspension Cartridge
Shock: If you want to keep the shock (Vivid R2C) just go with a Ti Spring, otherwise I would get a BOS air shock
Brakes: Formula The One / RO / Shimano Zee / Saint
Pedals: E13 LG1+ or HT Components AE01

Of course as someone mentioned with $2000, you will have to make concessions...

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 6:31 Quote
SwintOrSlude wrote:
Has anyone an actual weight for the Norco DH 2011 frame (without shock or shock mounts)?

I've calculated 4.26kg for a Large, based on the weight of my parts, so it is not a featherweight Eek

I can't find this information anywhere on the net either if anyone knows post it up and ill add it to the first page .

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 6:46 Quote
Mine is at least a pound heavier than everyone else's frames. so no sense me doing it lol

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 3:10 Quote
photo

Updated pics with codes and some RF bars coming when i get it built back up.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 5:28 Quote
Checkit wrote:
photo

Updated pics with codes and some RF bars coming when i get it built back up.

that looks sick mate nice build!

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 5:30 Quote
krash wrote:
Mine is at least a pound heavier than everyone else's frames. so no sense me doing it lol

I bet mines heavier lol

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 7:02 Quote
jonnyhill2011 wrote:
krash wrote:

I bet mines heavier lol
doubt it, norco made the A-line frame thicker to better stand up to the abuse of being a rental fleet bike. fine by me though, still six pounds lighter than my devinci was lol

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 7:37 Quote
krash wrote:
jonnyhill2011 wrote:
krash wrote:

I bet mines heavier lol
doubt it, norco made the A-line frame thicker to better stand up to the abuse of being a rental fleet bike. fine by me though, still six pounds lighter than my devinci was lol

Same with mine mate was made thicker than team dh etc as its built to take the punishment a learner like me will give it lol. Is your frame powder coated or anodised?

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 8:31 Quote
mine is anodized.
i have to say, i think i like the look of this frame better than the Aurum lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016716
Mobile Version of Website