Trek remedy vs trek slash

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Trek remedy vs trek slash
Posted: Nov 28, 2012 at 17:07 Quote
Thread revival. I bought a Slash 9 frame, green/black with no shock. Any word on a coil conversion? Not even sure if I want to build it up or. Just sell??

Posted: Dec 2, 2012 at 12:00 Quote
hi guys
dont mean to pimp the thread but I have a quick question.
I realize i should go to my local Trek dealer but it is snowy and cold out and i am warm and toasty with my laptop at home on a sunday.
I am 5'9" with 30" inseam and I ride a 09 spec enduro medium which seams to be a good a fit.
I am thinking about getting the trek slash 9.
I have read different opinions about their fit. any thoughts about sizing???
17.5 or 18.5
I ride the calgary/banff area and BC resorts. climb and decent.
thanks

Posted: Dec 2, 2012 at 13:58 Quote
gr8foot wrote:
hi guys
dont mean to pimp the thread but I have a quick question.
I realize i should go to my local Trek dealer but it is snowy and cold out and i am warm and toasty with my laptop at home on a sunday.
I am 5'9" with 30" inseam and I ride a 09 spec enduro medium which seams to be a good a fit.
I am thinking about getting the trek slash 9.
I have read different opinions about their fit. any thoughts about sizing???
17.5 or 18.5
I ride the calgary/banff area and BC resorts. climb and decent.
thanks

I'm 5'10" and I have the 17.5. Seems the perfect size for me. Stop thinking and go get Smile

Posted: Dec 2, 2012 at 19:34 Quote
My mate has the slash and session.. He mainly usesthe slash for jumping and xc.. But he recently found a crack in the bottom stay at the shock pivot.. Warranty covered but makes you wonder.. Its less than a year old

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2012 at 23:47 Quote
MrRustic wrote:
My mate has the slash and session.. He mainly usesthe slash for jumping and xc.. But he recently found a crack in the bottom stay at the shock pivot.. Warranty covered but makes you wonder.. Its less than a year old

Are you sure its not the Trek Scratch? The Scratch was known to crack at the driveside chainstay where the weld is for a cable routing tab. The Slash was designed to fix those issues and in fact the replacement stay for a Scratch is a Slash stay without the routing tabs. Either way its not much of a problem when Trek does some of the fastest warranty processing in the industry.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2012 at 0:07 Quote
dancingwhale wrote:
So here's my situation. I have it down to either the slash 9, remedy 9.8, or fuel ex 9.8. I race cross country, but will be racing super d, and enduro. I can only afford one bike, what should I do?

The Fuel Ex is not going to be enough bike for that kind of riding. The Slash, while designed for megavalanche enduro races may be too much bike to be competitive on the way up, especially if you are used to a super light XC bike

The remedy on the other hand.

"The bike I ride is the bike I race. So when it comes time to pick one bike for races like the Downieville Classic XC and DH races, I know the Remedy is the best bike out there."

- Ross Schnell
2008 Downieville Classic All-Mountain World Champion

I have ridden both the Trek Scratch and the Remedy extensively and while they are both great bikes, the Remedy climbs way better, and that was the aluminum one so I can only imagine how well the 9.8 would climb. Little Red Riding Hood this one and get the middle one thats not too light, not too heavy, but just right.

Posted: Dec 3, 2012 at 2:25 Quote
I have my Slash 9.8 (i call it that as it has the 9 frame and fork with everything else off of an Cool All i can say is that i love it - it does everything i could want it to do. I rode Melrose in South Australia last weekend and it just rode beautifully.

I am 174cm and about 90 kg and i have the 17.5.

Highly recommend.

Posted: Dec 3, 2012 at 2:29 Quote
ohklee wrote:
MrRustic wrote:

Are you sure its not the Trek Scratch? The Scratch was known to crack at the driveside chainstay where the weld is for a cable routing tab. The Slash was designed to fix those issues and in fact the replacement stay for a Scratch is a Slash stay without the routing tabs. Either way its not much of a problem when Trek does some of the fastest warranty processing in the industry.

Yeah I'm sure its a Slash!.. Its a 2012 Slash.. He's my best mate.. We ride together all the time.. Its not on the drive side its in the other side and its not through a weld its cracked across where the pin locates and the pin was bent.

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 18:28 Quote
Anyone have a rear shock from a slash for sale at all??

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 at 8:40 Quote
To those who Care , I have a 2011 Trek Remedy 7 bought new from my LBS in Nov./Dec. 2012 ,in 2 weeks busted the bearings out of the EVO link , Trek replaced it, and a month later I busted those bearings out ,So Trek Replaced the EVO link again and the whole rear Triangle, a 2013 Remedy 8 rear Triangle, and I have upgraded a lot of the parts ,cranks ,Rims/tires ,handle bars/stem ,Seat/seat post ,peddles,Brakes, rear de-railer , and the bike weight is 29.2 pounds with all 30 gears ..... I am a FREE RIDING Crazy-Man !!! I jump it every day from 2ft to over 50ft gaps and have done 3ft to over 20ft drops on it .... So far,....... after Trek got me the right EVO link and Triangle ,I have had NO Problems ...Except with the BIKE SHOP THAT SOLD ME THE BIKE ?...... They act like Golfers that treat me like I am a PUNK KID on There CORSE .... They are LAME , they make me feel like , I AM NOT PART OF THERE CLUB, and THEY ARE SNOBBY ... but if that is what TREK looks for in a dealer ,Well they got it !!! The bike F@#!$ RIPS now that it is holding up !!! , I am a small Man 5'7 @135#'s soaking wet .... So I call my Remedy instead of a 7 it is a 7.89 hahaha ! I ride it HARD ! and it just begs for MORE !!!!! Check my profile for pics and Video an FOLLOW !!!

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 9:09 Quote
gravelmans wrote:
Anyone have a rear shock from a slash for sale at all??
I have one for sale off my 2013 Slash 8.

Posted: Oct 1, 2013 at 18:51 Quote
I put a 36 talas rc2 in my remedy 2013. And handles anything, Im thinking to put zee brakes and 1x10 gears and maybe later a dhx rc4 or float x and some crossmax sx or dt swiss fx 1950 tricon or deemax

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 6:47 Quote
The slash, Does it have better climbing or descending comparing with other enduro bike?

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 6:48 Quote
why more people own a remedy than slash

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 8:13 Quote
The slash is deffinetly more on the dh bike side of endure bikes, it's super slack and low and long. So most people don't need/want this much bike unless they ride VERY hard. Also, for how good it is going down, it also climbs well

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013130
Mobile Version of Website