Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 19:53 Quote
mr-germany wrote:
im back from the ded bbys

Planning on moving out of NYC next february and buying a car once again. No shit mercedes this time. Thinking about getting a bike too so if i do that im just gonna get a beater late 90's honda for a car and then either a honda cb250 or a kawasaki ninja 250. Something not too fast so i can stay out of trouble but i've been really wanting a bike for a while now. if i dont do the bike im gonna try for another mr2, maybe an sw20 this time instead of an aw11.
Just 2gr swap an mr2 their quick light and will pass emissions. Their is already tons of resources to swap them in a mr2

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 20:47 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
mr-germany wrote:

Planning on moving out of NYC next february and buying a car once again. No shit mercedes this time. Thinking about getting a bike too so if i do that im just gonna get a beater late 90's honda for a car and then either a honda cb250 or a kawasaki ninja 250. Something not too fast so i can stay out of trouble but i've been really wanting a bike for a while now. if i dont do the bike im gonna try for another mr2, maybe an sw20 this time instead of an aw11.
Just 2gr swap an mr2 their quick light and will pass emissions. Their is already tons of resources to swap them in a mr2
lol, not trying to go into that much work or financial investment.

"just swap it" has always been the thread motto and im glad to see that hasnt changed

stand-easy wrote:
My old man bought a crf250 which is street legal, brand new for around 5k brand new tax&licencing in. I'm sure you could finance one of those pretty cheap and just have a reliable bike and spend more on car

Just a thought
too much monies and i really do like the look of the old cb250's

curtalcorn wrote:
mr-germany wrote:
Whats yo insta fgt

ben.moak

i rarely ever use it though

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 22:14 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Ahhhh the joys of ownership
I would get destroyed if I leased something. I do way too many km and I'm not kind at all to it. Plus they might look down upon deletes and tunes. lol

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 6:18 Quote
Hey guys my golf mk2 is going into storage now to get slowly restored and one of the long term upgrades I want to do is air suspension I do not have the knowledge for that kind of upgrade so I'd have a garage do it,just to know what goes involved in installing air suspension for maximum lows when aired out?

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 7:39 Quote
Probably best to hit up vwvortex but I know you need to notch your frame around your cv axles, more than likely need adjustable control arms/links so your geometry doesn't look like potato. You'll need air line, fittings, valves or air management like accuair, tank, compressor(s), air struts, and misc hardware.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 10:38 Quote
Stupid valve stems

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 12:06 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Hey guys my golf mk2 is going into storage now to get slowly restored and one of the long term upgrades I want to do is air suspension I do not have the knowledge for that kind of upgrade so I'd have a garage do it,just to know what goes involved in installing air suspension for maximum lows when aired out?
You'll run into axle and tie rod clearance problems up font, most people c section the frame to remedy this. You will need to bulls a rear false floor to mount the tank, compressors and manifold to. You will need to run hardline from the manifold to the suspension components that require it etc it's a fairly involved deal.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 13:17 Quote
Thanks for the info! The golf is now a long term project I'll start at the engine to get it to a good state then once I am finished with the engine bay I'll move into the suspension maybe 2 years from now

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 14:42 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
jespinal wrote:
You'll run into axle and tie rod clearance problems up font, most people c section the frame to remedy this. You will need to bulls a rear false floor to mount the tank, compressors and manifold to. You will need to run hardline from the manifold to the suspension components that require it etc it's a fairly involved deal.
I was under the impression that people only run hardline for the visable stuff then use plastic hose for the rest. What a pain in the ass haha.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 15:31 Quote
bordom wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
jespinal wrote:
I was under the impression that people only run hardline for the visable stuff then use plastic hose for the rest. What a pain in the ass haha.
Hardline is better as he will need to run 90% of it externally you know in the elements.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 16:49 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
bordom wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Hardline is better as he will need to run 90% of it externally you know in the elements.
False. Dot line is more that good enough. It's for air brakes soooo...

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 16:53 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
bordom wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Those plastic lines are pretty resilient, it's what we use for pretty much all of the air system on our big trucks at work. That being said if I'd rather not find a way to rub through a line and being laying frame in buttf*ck nowhere.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 18:50 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
My old man bought a crf250 which is street legal, brand new for around 5k brand new tax&licencing in. I'm sure you could finance one of those pretty cheap and just have a reliable bike and spend more on car

Just a thought
Blue plated?

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 18:51 Quote
Brand new street legal, I think it's crf250l?

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 18:52 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Brand new street legal, I think it's crf250l?
Oh, ok. Gotcha.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.047802
Mobile Version of Website