Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Sep 22, 2017 at 16:10 Quote
I'm a hair under 6 feet tall. My head touched the ceiling in the Fiat 500 I sat in at the auto show. Those things are tiny and cheap as fark. No bueno.

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 at 16:13 Quote
Just picked up 2 Rugged Ridge bolt in seats for my XJ. Fold forwards (because 2 door XJ), and recline all the way back, black, bucket style with side bolsters and a spot for a harness to come through if needed. Real nice seats retail for like $375ish, picked them up for $90 each brand new. So stoked. Amazon.ca just a super good deal, 75% off. My drivers seat is absolutely f*cked lol Falling out of it the whole time, side is just collapsed.

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 at 16:13 Quote
dkidd wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Try and locate a 99-03 TDI golf or jetta.
I have an old car already. I'm stoked to get something new(er)

I'm worried about the fit of
A. Me
B. Dog
C. Bike/gear (hitch rack)

look for something else then, it would not fit anything

at 1.8m I had no issue with the head room, seats where comfy but felt cheap as already said.

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 at 16:15 Quote
I'm 6'2" my head was out the sunroof. Seat may have been adjusted poorly but it's still tight in there.

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 at 16:28 Quote
Was about to comment that my head didn't touch the roof before I realised that the particular variant I was driving didn't have a roof.

They seem nippy enough though? My friend took his around our local track and I autotested that other one (an abarth of some form).

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 at 16:54 Quote
I tested one. I wouldn't, Derek. Honestly a Honda Fit would be a better option for what you're looking at.

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
dkidd wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Try and locate a 99-03 TDI golf or jetta.
I have an old car already. I'm stoked to get something new(er)

I'm worried about the fit of
A. Me
B. Dog
C. Bike/gear (hitch rack)
My buddies dad has a mk4 Jetta TDI thats at 580k on stock clutch with only Maintenance and a tune.

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 at 17:14 Quote
recklessness wrote:
Derek, will you even fit in that thing? Maybe get one with a sunroof for when you realized that you are a foot too tall.

Curt, is the square clean?
I bought it purely for the bed floor and frame rails. Everything else is trash. 4x4 on 3/4 ton axles. Considering doing rack and pinion. 4 link, coilovers, cheapo tubular control arms, lq4, 4l80, whole shebang to be done this winter then find a cab and front clip.

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 at 18:02 Quote
ppl will hate but the civic si is a beast

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 6:39 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
recklessness wrote:
Derek, will you even fit in that thing? Maybe get one with a sunroof for when you realized that you are a foot too tall.

Curt, is the square clean?
I bought it purely for the bed floor and frame rails. Everything else is trash. 4x4 on 3/4 ton axles. Considering doing rack and pinion. 4 link, coilovers, cheapo tubular control arms, lq4, 4l80, whole shebang to be done this winter then find a cab and front clip.
Why not just find an early Y2K donor? It'll have most of what you need.

Either way, good plan.

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 9:55 Quote
I have the motor and trans already, didn't feel like dicking around with body mounts and stuff.

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 11:18 Quote
bordom wrote:
Good god that thing must be slow haha

It's not too bad for what it is, mainly due to the super low gears it barely goes above 80km/h

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
bordom wrote:
Good god that thing must be slow haha

It's not too bad for what it is, mainly due to the super low gears it barely goes above 80km/h
we've got a 7.3 f-450 superduty for work. It's a 02 i think, with a big cubevan type service body. That thing is awful, it's an auto so you're pretty much flooring it every where and still barely moving. Re-gearing it would probably help a lot but there's too many highways around that we have to drive.

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 20:50 Quote
Now my radiator sprung a leak... pissing right through the grill.

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 15:32 Quote
so what do you need to turbo a car? Specifically an is300.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018165
Mobile Version of Website