Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 23:27 Quote
Go for 31s

I would get a nice pair of MT tires on procomp steelies for a nice second set of tires for off road days

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 6:52 Quote
Yea I’m thinking Toyo Rough Terrains. We’ll see.

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 6:54 Quote
Maxxis big Horn is good too, we had them a while back and dad squeezed 70k KM out of them

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 9:34 Quote
That Cherokee is clean!

Needs a bike rack on the hitch, and bigger wheels!

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 10:38 Quote
Need a hitch first Razz but a Recon Rack is on the list.

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 13:58 Quote
StUone7 wrote:

Sounds like you know what's good!

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 17:07 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Sounds like you know what's good!

Yea got that down just gotta get the funding down haha

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 14:18 Quote
Skootur wrote:
fezznut wrote:
Lighting, and the fact you’re 114 years old.

Really? Zoom in...
These 114 yr old eyes are obviously better than yours Fezz... lol

100 percent just the lighting. the tailgate got dents, fenders got a nasty one, the bedsides have a handful of em but the wheels are still good haha.

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 16:01 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Put some 2" spacers in the front, and shackles in the back. Got some discos too but they are way too long, need to return them or cut them down. If you look closely above the front tire you can see it popping up, hits unfortunately. Ain't much but it's a start.
After

Nice, looks good! Just that little bit of lift will be nice with some bigger tires. If you plan on 31s, prepare to cut and bumpstop.
My swaybar links still hit lol. Im at like 3.5" lift now since the front is sagged out, and there as short as they can be and they still crank my wheel wells occasionally, on big bumps, if I actually have them connected haha

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 9:42 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
Put some 2" spacers in the front, and shackles in the back. Got some discos too but they are way too long, need to return them or cut them down. If you look closely above the front tire you can see it popping up, hits unfortunately. Ain't much but it's a start.
After

Nice, looks good! Just that little bit of lift will be nice with some bigger tires. If you plan on 31s, prepare to cut and bumpstop.
My swaybar links still hit lol. Im at like 3.5" lift now since the front is sagged out, and there as short as they can be and they still crank my wheel wells occasionally, on big bumps, if I actually have them connected haha

Thanks man. Ugh alright, well I have plenty of time to prep myself for that. I just need to cut off about 2 inches and I should be good. I drove around the block with the sway bar disconnected, sketchy.

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 14:45 Quote
Just ordered a lift for my truck. The brodozering continues. Also picked up a set of OEM headlights so I can have headlights that don't rattle around

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 19:53 Quote
So my two friends and I are planning the logistics of a possible cannonball run in Summer 2019. We have already done all the eta's and time of arrival as well as being well into route planning, minor detail.. This is going to be across Canada. Its only been recorded once, and they had an average of just over 90km/h, and were stopped for almost 5 hours. So first thing is the car, and we need something that is far more efficient than fast, so i picked up an 06 TDI. its currently getting 1100km on the highway. As far as stealth, my biggest idea is to wrap the car as this...
Im taking down all sorts of information and considering everyone has thought of doing this at one point, id love to hear any ideas/suggestions you could contribute. Anyone have a valentine 1 for sale?

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 21:48 Quote
bordom wrote:
Just ordered a lift for my truck. The brodozering continues. Also picked up a set of OEM headlights so I can have headlights that don't rattle around

What set up?

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 23:55 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
bordom wrote:

What set up?
just a zone 4" radius arm lift. Certainly nothing special but I shouldn't be sawing the hell out of my inner fenders anymore. Especially when I put tire chains on. A buddy of mine has the same lift but in a 6" and said it was pretty good so I went for it.

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 at 11:00 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
bryandickson wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
After

Thanks man. Ugh alright, well I have plenty of time to prep myself for that. I just need to cut off about 2 inches and I should be good. I drove around the block with the sway bar disconnected, sketchy.

Yeah you can bumpstop some if needed and just trim like the lower section, from the body line down. That's what I did with my 33s bumpstopped, a bit more but still, you get the point haha. You can keep stock flares and all that and it'll still look good, you'll just have to modify the fronts some.

And right now I daily mine with the swaybar disconnected, it's not too bad, not as nice as connected obviously though. I'm just offroad so often now that it's a pain in the ass to always connect and disconnect. I wish the Currie Anti-rock wasn't so expensive

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021223
Mobile Version of Website