Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 16:38 Quote
I need to delete the EGR asap. When you take them off, the amount of carbon buildup in them is f*cked, and it's putting that back through your motor. How is that in any way good lol. They get better fuel mileage with that and tuned with EFI Live (my plan), like much better. Right now I get anywhere between 13-16 L/100k, depending on just driving around town, faster outskirts road, or highway. Not too bad.

On another note, I feel stupid. I looked at the exhaust multiple times, and didn't even clue in to the fact that it is, in fact straight piped lol No cat or muffler, 5" MBRP. Hopefully don't have issues with inspection. But it's just so quiet for a straight pipe, loud when you get on it but at idle it's not loud at all.

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 19:01 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
I need to delete the EGR asap. When you take them off, the amount of carbon buildup in them is f*cked, and it's putting that back through your motor. How is that in any way good lol. They get better fuel mileage with that and tuned with EFI Live (my plan), like much better. Right now I get anywhere between 13-16 L/100k, depending on just driving around town, faster outskirts road, or highway. Not too bad.

On another note, I feel stupid. I looked at the exhaust multiple times, and didn't even clue in to the fact that it is, in fact straight piped lol No cat or muffler, 5" MBRP. Hopefully don't have issues with inspection. But it's just so quiet for a straight pipe, loud when you get on it but at idle it's not loud at all.
yeah my was all jammed full and it smelled like death haha. My truck will do like 16mpg on a good day

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 19:55 Quote
I sold my subie turbo wagon and am now in the market for a new vehicle. I still have and will be keeping my Ranchero.

I can't decide between another old car thats better on the highway and seats more than 3, or a newer Powerstroke for parts/moto hauling, light off-roading, and maybe pulling a car trailer in the near future.

I'm hoping to see both of these on my next day off

https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-ford-250-diesel-73/6530804176.html

and

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1965-ford-galaxie-2999-or/6533394469.html

really different vehicles but I like them both and I think either would be fairly practical in their own ways.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 10:24 Quote
bordom wrote:
bryandickson wrote:

yeah my was all jammed full and it smelled like death haha. My truck will do like 16mpg on a good day

Yeah for work trucks f350 with salter and blade went from 30-35 l/100 -> 18-24. But that’s also heavily loaded at all times basically.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 6:34 Quote
Looking for a new vehicle to haul around the bike and camp. Needs to be a mid-size vehicle with good MPGs and cargo space. I've been looking at Tacomas, Chevy Colorado and Jeep Trailhawk. Thoughts?

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 7:53 Quote
You talkin Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee? Cause Trailhawk is just an options class. 4Runner and Forester might be a couple of other options to consider.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 7:54 Quote
jkelm wrote:
Looking for a new vehicle to haul around the bike and camp. Needs to be a mid-size vehicle with good MPGs and cargo space. I've been looking at Tacomas, Chevy Colorado and Jeep Trailhawk. Thoughts?

Taco for sure.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 8:53 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
You talkin Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee? Cause Trailhawk is just an options class. 4Runner and Forester might be a couple of other options to consider.

The cherokee

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 9:17 Quote
jkelm wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

The cherokee

I love my old Cherokee for camping and biking trips, the newer one probably has a little more space, but probably not much more. I’ve done a few trips with 3 or 4 of my homies and we are packed in tight but it works well. I’m a bit more on the minimalist side so it works great for me. If you like to car camp and take all things with you, probably look elsewhere.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 14:08 Quote
jkelm wrote:

Honestly a cargo van... I don't know what they are worth but that would be such a great camp vehicle with cargo space tup

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 14:17 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
jkelm wrote:

Honestly a cargo van... I don't know what they are worth but that would be such a great camp vehicle with cargo space tup
This guy indulges in the coitus. Ex ambulance. Already set up for a work shop with exterior lighting comparable to the sun. Can even get lucky and find a narrow side ambo too.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 17:16 Quote
Oh holy shit hell yeah never thought of an ambulance

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 17:17 Quote
jkelm wrote:

Tacoma or the Colorado. I'd probably choose the Tacoma.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 18:26 Quote
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/project-ambulance-4wd-4x4-73l/6530666874.html

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 22:33 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Oh holy shit hell yeah never thought of an ambulance
My buddy has an e350 narrow body with a 7.3. It's perfect for camping and dirt scooters. Cabinets, room for gear and sleeping, hitch mounted bike hauler, and lights up the whole campsite. It's great.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020644
Mobile Version of Website