Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: May 14, 2018 at 13:15 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
Suh doooosh
Doing cholomobile stuff still. Pics someday when done.

Posted: May 14, 2018 at 23:01 Quote
So i finally got around to ordering a bunch of front end/susp shit I've needed since I got the car. Control arms, sway bars, tie rods, etc etc. should be here and on the car probably week after next. As far as shocks/struts/springs go, what should I do? I'm broke af rn and trying to decide whether to do a non blown set of ebay coilovers or oem until i can buy better shit further down the road. I wouldn't do the whole pay twice thing if my shit wasn't blown all the way up as it is.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 2:03 Quote
springs? chop those f*ckers and wait until you can get decent coilovers lol I would go oem man, you can always chuck that back in down the track if you want to sell the car or if you get defected once you do go to good coilovers.

I really need to sort my suspension out its a mess, my rear sway bar mounts are bent to f*ck so I don't actually have a rear sway bar, will probably get the reinforcement kit for it too.

I can't be f*cked cutting and welding my struts so I'm going with some good shock/springs. One thing I do not like about e30s are the 1 piece steering knuckle/strut, pain in the ass to get coilovers for them.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 3:02 Quote
It's already got blown eBay coilovers, so I'm replacing them I'm just torn between whether to go with oem or new eBay coils.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 21:15 Quote
recklessness wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
Suh doooosh
#lit. Just scooped a t4 hot side setup for my white truck, just pulled the motor on the c20. Planning on having that driving a schlammered before Canada day.

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 15:59 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
recklessness wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
Suh doooosh
#lit. Just scooped a t4 hot side setup for my white truck, just pulled the motor on the c20. Planning on having that driving a schlammered before Canada day.
Excellent.

I should be back on the road with mine next weekend. She isn't any faster, but she's prettier and safer.

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 19:01 Quote
Well I think I’m gonna sell the Jeep. I went 4wheeling in it a few times and now its out of my system. I think I’m gonna get another old car, and guns...

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 19:49 Quote
Welp, coilovers mean f*ck all cause my head gasket committed seppuku. Got a brand new cheap ass chinese moped getting here next week, Bout to have a slow and fun summer lol.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 12:00 Quote
Drove my crosstrek up a ski mountain today, and didn't bottom out once. The stoke is high right now, haha

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 12:29 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
Drove my crosstrek up a ski mountain today, and didn't bottom out once. The stoke is high right now, haha

Put some king springs on that biotch.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 12:54 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:

Trust me, I would do that, an get some strut spacers, and skid plates, but the job I was supposed to work this summer just fell through, and I'm broke college student, haha

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 13:44 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:

Trust me, I would do that, an get some strut spacers, and skid plates, but the job I was supposed to work this summer just fell through, and I'm broke college student, haha

Sorry to hear. Hope you find something.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 14:07 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Its all good! Looks like I may just have to fork out some money for a skid plate, ripped off a section of the plastic underbody cover going through a blind mud puddle just now. lol lol lol

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 16:59 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:

Its all good! Looks like I may just have to fork out some money for a skid plate, ripped off a section of the plastic underbody cover going through a blind mud puddle just now. lol lol lol
Primitive skids plates man. Love mine. And all the reviews seem like they are better than the RalliTek ones. Though, I’d say RalliTek from springs/struts and Subtle Solutions for spacers. Though I did find one company, can’t remover the name ATM that makes 2” lifts for Subaru’s, don’t have to replace anything, all bolt one. Will probably do 1” on mine for tire clearance ASAP and the 2” when money allows.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032579
Mobile Version of Website