Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 17:16 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Take the radiator out?
Some people lack common sense

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 17:24 Quote
Meh, sometimes it's not worth it. Gain 4" and you still have a condenser in the way.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 11:44 Quote
Well fried the ECM on my Duramax. Got a tuner a week or two ago for it, went to turn it back to stock and try it on my dads truck since he was considering getting one. In the process, it froze and locked out the ECM/fried it. Can’t even scan it... Truck won’t even attempt to turn over. Goes to a GM diesel tech on Thursday.

Also had a headgaskets scare yesterday on it. Upper rad hose was pressurized, but basically positive it’s the cap not relieving pressure like it should. As it’s been sitting since Saturday, if that functioned properly we wouldn’t even notice pressure.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 13:48 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
Well fried the ECM on my Duramax. Got a tuner a week or two ago for it, went to turn it back to stock and try it on my dads truck since he was considering getting one. In the process, it froze and locked out the ECM/fried it. Can’t even scan it... Truck won’t even attempt to turn over. Goes to a GM diesel tech on Thursday.

Also had a headgaskets scare yesterday on it. Upper rad hose was pressurized, but basically positive it’s the cap not relieving pressure like it should. As it’s been sitting since Saturday, if that functioned properly we wouldn’t even notice pressure.

That sucks dude. What tuner is it?

My truck I almost have de-computerized it.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 14:03 Quote
I just want new leafs for my XJ. Frown

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
StUone7 wrote:

May as well get some new ones with some lift to them Buddy

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 14:26 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

May as well get some new ones with some lift to them Buddy

That’s the dilemma. I have the funds to just replace the leafs, but not necessarily the leafs and a lift. And it’s more cost effective to get it in a kit all at the same time. So I’m continuing to wait with my saggy leafs.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 16:10 Quote
You might be surprised if you have a local leafspring shop they can make em for a decent price. Cheaper than any online "lift kits"

Tell em how stiff and how much lift.

I'm stupid and got mine from California cuz it was all hyped up. The shipping was like 500$... Probably more

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 16:43 Quote
bryandickson wrote:

And here I thought that was Ford truck lol I've had that happen to me too, and the cap was the first thing I checked because they're infamous for shitting the bed.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 16:53 Quote
There’s a lot of local shops, so maybe one around here would do that, I’ll look into it. The kit I want is $360, and to add a full leaf pack to it instead of add a leaf it tacks on $260.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 21:09 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
bryandickson wrote:

That sucks dude. What tuner is it?

My truck I almost have de-computerized it.
It was a PPE tuner. Had nice clean tunes but the tuner itself has issues. I’ll be going to EFI Live instead for sure with DSP5 switch.

And damn reall haha that’ll be nice

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 21:10 Quote
bordom wrote:
bryandickson wrote:

And here I thought that was Ford truck lol I've had that happen to me too, and the cap was the first thing I checked because they're infamous for shitting the bed.

Lol gives you a good scare hey. LLY duramax is the one known for blowing headgaskets but it’s due to their overheating issue, so I was surprised. Then realized the cap has the Sam symptoms and is often mistaken for headgaskets going. $13 instead of $5000, I’ll tske it.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 21:12 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
There’s a lot of local shops, so maybe one around here would do that, I’ll look into it. The kit I want is $360, and to add a full leaf pack to it instead of add a leaf it tacks on $260.

Yeah definitely don’t skimp on full leaf pack. Price of custom leafs vs. Ones in a kit, I found ones in a kit are cheaper. But then again not many shops around here. What lift are ou looking at?

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 21:49 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Yeah definitely don’t skimp on full leaf pack. Price of custom leafs vs. Ones in a kit, I found ones in a kit are cheaper. But then again not many shops around here. What lift are ou looking at?

Going for Iron Rock Offroads barebones 3” lift and tires are going to need to be replaced soon also and going to 30” either Toyo AT again or Falken AT3W, leaning toward the Falkens. Gonna try to do it all at the same time, just gonna be a lot of money all at once. And I ended up dropping $800 to get the tie rod ends, adjustment bar, and a couple other things replaced to fix my death wobble I had a bit ago.

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 3:02 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
Take the radiator out?
Some people lack common sense

As was said before, condenser is still there (way worse than hitting the radiator) and its a lot more work that a breaker bar on the ground and hitting the starter motor. The old school mechanics I know do that, and have done so for years. Not ideal but if you don't have the exact puller you need and the job goes out same day, you do what you have to.

Now about common sense, why would you make more work to make the job even sketchier than it already is?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019738
Mobile Version of Website