Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 17:29 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Jesus bryan that sounds like hell. I did that to myself playing with tunes recently too. Is there a chance the stock tune could actually be that much slower though?

I also appear to have dropped a valve seat on my 4.7. It sucks cause it was the fastest its been right up to that point. 5ish second 0-60 jeep on 33s, f*ck a raptor lol. Gonna put a spare engine in with my current bolt ons and see what it do. The engine coming out is also 9:1 vs 10:1 compression on the new engine. I cant wait to get to the track lol, its like a modern day gasser.

Yeah it drives like my dads stock truck now power wise. It's amazing how much tunes wake these trucks up. Also, I'm getting over 18L/100km now its f*cked. Before I was like maximum 14, most of the time under. With the tuner was at 9/L at one point.
Anyone seen the new L5P Duramax tune stuff? Finally unlocked the ECM to tune and the numbers they're making from tunes alone is f*cked.

And that's super shitty about the engine! But that's quick, that's sweet haha I've been trying to follow along with the build.

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 23:42 Quote
Got a new car today, 04 Infiniti m45, it’s fun, was gonna get suspsenion for it next week but my buddy offered to let me borrow his sr hatch for a private drift event the 14th and it’s a celebration of life for our friend that passed also so I don’t wanna miss it so coilovers gonna wait till after that and then I can throw the vskfs on it for a bit till I get wheels actually for it.

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 13:42 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Jesus bryan that sounds like hell. I did that to myself playing with tunes recently too. Is there a chance the stock tune could actually be that much slower though?

I also appear to have dropped a valve seat on my 4.7. It sucks cause it was the fastest its been right up to that point. 5ish second 0-60 jeep on 33s, f*ck a raptor lol. Gonna put a spare engine in with my current bolt ons and see what it do. The engine coming out is also 9:1 vs 10:1 compression on the new engine. I cant wait to get to the track lol, its like a modern day gasser.

Yeah it drives like my dads stock truck now power wise. It's amazing how much tunes wake these trucks up. Also, I'm getting over 18L/100km now its f*cked. Before I was like maximum 14, most of the time under. With the tuner was at 9/L at one point.
Anyone seen the new L5P Duramax tune stuff? Finally unlocked the ECM to tune and the numbers they're making from tunes alone is f*cked.

And that's super shitty about the engine! But that's quick, that's sweet haha I've been trying to follow along with the build.
is the L5P the 2015ish engines?

I also got the head off and a new one on. The jeep is a beast once again lol. Im definitley building up my other engine now that ive seen how much there is to gain from even a factory rebuild with mild porting.

Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 19:14 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
bryandickson wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:

is the L5P the 2015ish engines?

I also got the head off and a new one on. The jeep is a beast once again lol. Im definitley building up my other engine now that ive seen how much there is to gain from even a factory rebuild with mild porting.

L5P is the 2017+ I believe it is. Current engine. 2015 is LML

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 1:50 Quote
after a 3 month wait finally got my wheels, Work Meister CR01s

Posted: Nov 1, 2018 at 0:23 Quote
yo13bo wrote:

Noice! Would love an E30 but the prices they are going for over here and that they are probably as rusty as my EK9, puts me off Cry

Posted: Nov 1, 2018 at 19:47 Quote
Oh man I get that, the prices here are getting pretty stupid, saw a 318i that wasn't even that clean for $14k the other week. Ridiculous. I bought mine just as they started to go up so I was lucky.

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 6:48 Quote
I'm also fond of BMW and want to buy used E30 in the near future. That's my old dream! I've already found pre-purchase inspection service of the vehicle here in New Zealand to reduce the risks. Their inspectors will inspect the vehicle and email me a full PPI Report at affordable price. As for me, buying a used vehicle is a significant purchase and can be risky so I decided to check everything to be aware of the real condition of the car.

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 18:08 Quote
You have shares in an oil company then? lol

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 22:42 Quote
Shieldsy94 wrote:
yo13bo wrote:

Noice! Would love an E30 but the prices they are going for over here and that they are probably as rusty as my EK9, puts me off Cry

E30 is cheap af here lol same with e36 and I see even e46 for $2500usd all day lol

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 18:44 Quote
You can buy a 318i for around that much but as soon as it’s an is or M3 it’s stupid money. An e30 M3 goes for more than a brand new M3 from the dealer. E46s are like $50k and rarely stay listed for very long.

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 13:31 Quote
not sure if this has already been discussed in this thread, but I'm looking into buying a 2004ish tacoma and I was wondering if anyone here has one and uses a tailgate pad and hauls their bikes on it. Just wondering if the tailgate is too small for the pads and hauling a 29er (sentinel) safely.

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 16:43 Quote
I got a 2 door 1988 mitsubishi montero this thing is so much fun haha

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 0:03 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
Shieldsy94 wrote:
yo13bo wrote:

E30 is cheap af here lol same with e36 and I see even e46 for $2500usd all day lol

Oh you can get a E46 for nothing, like £600 for a high miles ratty one. The drift tax hasn't hit them like the E36 yet....

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018419
Mobile Version of Website